Was WBR buying something?

All Memorabilia
rpm enterprises

Was WBR buying something?

Post by rpm enterprises »

While looking at old pictures on my computer I found a few interesting things. This I believe Bill Ruger was buying books. Reading the letter WBR makes reference that he feels he is paying to much but gives in. Also on the envelope notice the Pistol and Revolver stamp. And the the check for what he was buying.
Attachments
20220323_182809.jpg
20220323_182647.jpg
20220323_182743.jpg
gunman42782

Re: Was WBR buying something?

Post by gunman42782 »

Cool!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Nice '56 letter!!
Chet15
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

I really like that stamp!
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
contender

Post by contender »

Interesting!

The letter is dated 1956,, the postmark is 1955,, and the other letter & check is dated 1979. Neat pics!
rpm enterprises

Ty, I noticed that also. Not sure if they are all related or different deals Ruger did with the same guy. One of the letters is signed by Vogal, Rugers son in law. I don't remember where I got this stuff but it is interesting.
contender

Post by contender »

Yeah,, I saw Steve's letter & such. Always good to find such goodies!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Hate to say this, but, look at the postmark real close, JUN 14 '56.. Not matter what, it is still neat to see these findings.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
rpm enterprises

Ron, I noticed that to . Actually made a comment to my wife that being our anniversary month and day. I just think who I got all this stuff from just compiled everything he had. I am sure he was most likely a individual Bill Ruger knew for a long time. I Don't even remember where I got them from. There is so much of this kind of memorabilia I need to one day go through all the boxes. Another interesting piece of memorabilia is all the film footage I have. 3 of the big reels that has conversations with Bill Ruger and some Beta tapes 9 in all with R.L.Wilson and Ruger explains who really was to do the book and Bill tells a few stories and his cars and factory footage. I did some in cd but it come at a high price. I had 6 copies of the beta tapes done and have only sold two to dear friends of mine.
johncdougan

Post by johncdougan »

Hello Guys,

The letters are addressed to John Hintlian who was a well known dealer in old gun and sporting paperwork. He handled some of the rarest documents ever. He also, was a source of nice antique firearms. He was well connected with Colt. He died several years ago, I think he was WBR's age.

John