ROCS/OGCA 2021 display pics

Watertender

Re: ROCS/OGCA 2021 display pics

Post by Watertender »

JAYDAWG wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:12 pm Wish I was there............... :(
We wish you were too. Would be nice to give you some marbles in person!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
contender

Post by contender »

JayDawg,, start now,, and make plans for next year! :D :D

Glad to grab pics & share. Dan is right,, my pics don't show enough or do the displays true justice. They do need to be seen in person to truly appreciate the depth of what we all put together.

And to any & all who have never displayed,, or think they don't have what it takes,,, LISTEN UP!!!

If you notice,, there were (4) displays with JUST ONE GUN! Bill H, Bill HT, Wayne, & Lee.

We need to encourage more folks to get off their duff & do a display. I can PROMISE anybody who hasn't done it,, they WILL have fun & NOBODY will think your display isn't good. You don't have to be super elaborate, or have a "one of a kind", or very expensive guns, for you to build a great display. I want to ENCOURAGE anybody looking here, who has considered doing a display,, to "JUST DO IT!" We have a great time,, and if you win something,, it's just icing on the cake. Those of us who do displays,, do it for the fun & NOT for prizes or whatever.

And we had a few guys in attendance,, (I won't call them out) who SHOULD have done a display. I fully expect them to do it next year.. !!! Consider this an internet kick in the pants to motivate you! :D :D

We need more folks displaying.
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

Very Fine displays a lot of work & time going into them! Thanks for educating the public & the rest of us!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

To piggy back on Contenders comments (and he is the one a number of years ago who told me in no uncertain terms "RON, Just Do It!"). And I did and we have a great time at the shows. For the wife and I these are mini vacations so we thoroughly enjoy the time spent with the other Ruger people.

Each of us try to tell a story about the gun(s) we show and try to educate the public about Rugers. As said, an exhibit DOES NOT have to be some grand, glorious, extravaganza. A nice, easy to look at display explaining what you are showing is all that is needed. Any and all of the long time displayors will gladly help answer any questions on how to do things, how to make it nicer, whatever. I asked for critiques when I first started and had a lot of help.

Yes, my display is kinda big at times but I have a lot to tell about the Ruger Double Action revolvers. I can already see the future where I might be able to do things a bit simpler but I like to show people the progression of the DA revolvers.

I may be considered a collector by many, but I think of myself as a proud Ruger owner who wants to share my love of Rugers with others. As displayers, we get MANY questions about Rugers and a lot are actually from Ruger owners who say "I didn't know Ruger made those".

Help keep the Ruger history going, bring what you want to show and especially what you want the public to know about Rugers.

If you have an idea about a display but aren't quite sure, let any one of us know and we'll be glad to help you show it.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Great looking displays. Sounds as though you all had a great time.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

SIMPLY WONDERFUL! ;)
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

JAYDAWG wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:12 pm Wish I was there............... :(