My little Collection

RugerfanAustria

Re: My little Collection

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Yes I sold the Mk IV and bought this new Single Six Convertible today. At the end of the year I will submit my application to be allowed to own 16 instead of 7 weapons as a collector. I would like to collect Ruger revolvers from 1973-today and I have 7 Ruger revolvers in my 7 slots to prove my intention to collect. In the remaining places I would then like to have LCR, Sp101, Old Army, Bearcat, Wrangler, Security Six, Maxi & Vaquero. Then all I have to do is pray that the authorities are merciful.

Best regards
RugerfanAustria

Dear friends, I would ask you to keep your fingers crossed for me.

I brought my project forward and submitted my application to be recognized as a collector so that I could own more revolvers than before. My collection area is "Ruger Revolver from 1973 or introduction of the New Model until today".

In order to prove my serious intention to collect, I sent a 104-page folder with competition lists, logs of my gas pressure measurements, membership in the rifle club and Rocs as well as 63 self-written pages about Ruger revolvers relating to my collecting area to the authorities.

In addition to my books, a lot of knowledge also comes from Rocs and that is exactly why I would like to thank everyone present in advance, because without you this would not have been possible in this form.

I would also like to thank you for the warm welcome here in the community, even though I come from the other end of the world.

Best regards, your RugerfanAustria.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Good luck my friend! 🤞 *fingers crossed* ;)

All I can say is ROCS is an amazing organization with the best group of folks. So much knowledge and dedication here, and everyone is always eager and ready to help!
RugerfanAustria

arcticruger wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:47 pm Good luck my friend! 🤞 *fingers crossed* ;)
Thanks for the fingers crossed arcticruger. The authorities wrote to me today and recognized me as a collector and approved an increase from 7 to 16 pieces for my collection area Ruger Revolvers from 1973-present.

Now the poor piggy bank has to go to the slaughterhouse. :lol:

Best regards and thank für your help
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Congratulations, that is awesome! :)

What’s the first addition that you are contemplating? Or are you just basking in the moment? :D
RugerfanAustria

First I would have a New Vaquero and a New Bearcat in mind, but you are right, the joy of what has been achieved is in the foreground at the moment.
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

Good for you that is great news, now set back, enjoy and be "selective',,,,,, ;)
it is better to have a 'few, select' higher grade ones than a whole bunch of 'junque'... :roll:
RugerfanAustria

The problem is that the really rare or selected pieces often never leave the US because hopefully a Rocs member will buy them and I can at least see the pictures here.

Unfortunately, I have to collect under completely different possibilities than you have in America.

It starts with the simplest things like moonclips, which shopruger.com doesn't send me to Austria because of American export regulations. :(

It is an odyssey to get weapons and the wholesalers often do not have all models listed, such as the Sp101, Wrangler or Bearcat.

I had to import my Super GP100 from a German dealer who had it in stock because none had reached my home country for a year.

In addition, there are the prices, which are not weak. My Super GP100 would have cost almost $1000 more than Ruger's MSRP in American.

Best regards
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That's great news, happy that you have been approved as a collector and the increase to 16 guns.
Bill
RugerfanAustria

Thank you Bill.

For me, this is a great success in terms of my home country and the Viennese authorities responsible for me.

4 years ago when I bought my first gun I was only allowed to own the 2 pieces that a license to own is normally restricted to.

Now I can get the basis for my collection. I have reserved New Bearcat and New Vaquero from dealers so that I only need Sp101, LCR & Wrangler to own a piece of each current model.

Old Army, Vaquero or Old Vaquero there are many used and cheap to buy, which were often not shot much.

However, the greatest challenge will be a maximum, but I will hopefully find something here one day.