My little Collection

RugerfanAustria

My little Collection

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Hello friends.

Now my collection is starting to take the shape I want it to be as I am now the proud owner of a Super GP100.

I am currently limited to 7 weapons by law in my home country and will try to increase the number next year with an application to the authorities.
20220310_161645~2.jpg
Super GP100 357 Magnum
Blackhawk 357 Magnum
Super Blackhawk Hunter 44 Magnum
Super Redhawk Alaskan 44 Magnum GP100 44 Special
Redhawk 44 Magnum
Mark IV Hunter 22lr
arcticruger

Re: My little Collection

Post by arcticruger »

NICE collection!

For only having seven to work with, that’s quite the assortment. ;)
RugerfanAustria

@ arcticruger
Thank you

In my country it's a bit complicated with the allowed weapons. You can go this route with various competitions or try to be recognized as a collector in order to be able to own more weapons, since you are only allowed to own 2 at the beginning.

To carry a weapon privately, you need an additional authorization for which you have professional needs such as a police officer, Judge or politician have to prove.

However, if you are a member of a marksman club, you can extend your entitlement every 5 years until you reach a total of 10.

2>5>7>9>10 and everything above is only possible as a sports shooter or collector, although the requirements for collectors are very strict from the authorities.

In 3 years at the latest I will get 2 more places if my application for recognition as a collector should fail, which will almost certainly be occupied by a Sp101 and Vaquero.

Best regards
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That is a great group of Rugers, glad that you are able to do things to expand your collection in the future. We Americans simply do not realize and appreciate the freedoms that we have...we are blessed!!
FT44
RugerfanAustria

Thank you Bill.

In America you certainly have better gun laws, but it could be worse or more difficult in my house, similar to England for example.

Fortunately, I'm modest, but I still don't give up the search for my unicorn (Hawkeye). :(

One day i will get one 8-)

Best regards
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Very nice handgun battery you have put together. Do you have a good assortment of ammo that is available locally.
Best
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
RugerfanAustria

@ TA Workman
Thank you

In Austria you can "only" get Magtech,Geco, Sellier & Bellot,Fiocchi, Hornady and possibly Winchester but for at least 32-40$ and Note for 50 rounds at a purchase of 1000 rounds.

44 Special looks really bad, only the cowboy action loads.

Luckily I'm a reloader and therefore much cheaper in terms of costs and also less dependent on various delivery problems.

Buffalo Bore for example ore other hot Loads with heavy bullets from USA is unpossible to get.
contender

Post by contender »

"That is a great group of Rugers, glad that you are able to do things to expand your collection in the future. We Americans simply do not realize and appreciate the freedoms that we have...we are blessed!!"

^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Nice!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
RugerfanAustria

You are fortunate to have better laws in America but also that Ruger is based in your home country. When I remember the tedious procurement of the Super GP100, which was unsuccessful for nine months and with no prospect of success until I took matters into my own hands and brought it to Austria in cooperation with a dealer from Germany, I get gray hair.