My little Collection

RugerfanAustria

Re: My little Collection

Post by RugerfanAustria »

In the beginning I really only wanted to collect double action revolvers and the more I became interested in Ruger, the more I became infected with these single action revolvers.

The consequence of this addiction is the sale of the Mark IV Hunter because of a Single Six or Vaquero. :?

Is there actually a cure for the addiction to Ruger Single Action Revolvers? :mrgreen:
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Instead of saying, "Is there actually a cure for the addiction to Ruger Single Action Revolvers?" You should say, "Is there actually a cure for the addiction to Ruger firearms?"

I can answer either question - and that would be a resounding NO. And I don't think there is any way to mitigate it either, other than to buy some on a recurring basis :D
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
RugerfanAustria

I almost feared it. :mrgreen:

Because of the limited number of guns in my home country, the symptoms are getting worse. There are really a lot of great guns from Ruger that I would like to have, but due to the limitation on the number of pieces, I unfortunately have to limit myself to a relatively small section of the range in order to be recognized as a collector and to be able to own maybe 14-15 guns. :(
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I hope you can expand your collection. You have a nice group there and hopefully a Hawkeye will join your Ruger family. Anything Ruger is addicting and here it is easier to accumulate them. A good way to get them here is by saying "It followed me home honey, honest it did. Can I keep it? Huh, can I keep it?" Or wine and flowers may work! It's worth a try
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

RoninPA wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:28 pm Instead of saying, "Is there actually a cure for the addiction to Ruger Single Action Revolvers?" You should say, "Is there actually a cure for the addiction to Ruger firearms?"

I can answer either question - and that would be a resounding NO. And I don't think there is any way to mitigate it either, other than to buy some on a recurring basis :D
I agree with that :P
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

RugerfanAustria wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:46 pm I almost feared it. :mrgreen:

Because of the limited number of guns in my home country, the symptoms are getting worse. There are really a lot of great guns from Ruger that I would like to have, but due to the limitation on the number of pieces, I unfortunately have to limit myself to a relatively small section of the range in order to be recognized as a collector and to be able to own maybe 14-15 guns. :(
Man, I still can’t comprehend that. To be allowed to acquire 6-7, and then no more is a tease. The mere thought of it gives me withdrawals. Hopefully you will be able to get collector status soon.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Watertender wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:32 pm I hope you can expand your collection. You have a nice group there and hopefully a Hawkeye will join your Ruger family. Anything Ruger is addicting and here it is easier to accumulate them. A good way to get them here is by saying "It followed me home honey, honest it did. Can I keep it? Huh, can I keep it?" Or wine and flowers may work! It's worth a try
Like the saying goes, “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission” ;)
RugerfanAustria

A Hawkeye would be a dream, but I think I'll really find a unicorn in my home country before then. The limited number of pieces is annoying, but on the other hand it creates the incentive to do more for an expansion and on the other hand it saves you from the frustration that many weapons are either not available at all and if at all with delivery times that can get nauseous.

Just when I remember how often I was lied to about my Super GP100 with 3 and 4 months delivery time and after almost 9 months nobody knew if and when it would even come. But it would have cost almost $1000 more than the MSRP in the USA. So I took matters into my own hands and found a German dealer who had it in stock and sent it to a dealer of my choice in Austria. :twisted:

You are really lucky that you are not affected by a limitation on the number of pieces in America and that you have Ruger and also historical weapons (Hawkeye, Flattop or Maxi for example) in your own country.

We have to be glad we got anything at all. :shock:

But I'm not a typical Austrian shooter because I haven't had a Glock in my whole life. :mrgreen:
RugerfanAustria

Today I got a little bit further with my Ruger revolver collection.
20220321_155515~3.jpg
20220321_155928~2.jpg
20220321_160221~2.jpg
20220321_160000~2.jpg
Best regards
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Congratulations, nice pistol. :)

Trade the single six for Mark IV ?