Hi from texas

RocDoc

Re: Hi from texas

Post by RocDoc »

Tyrone, if you are a student of history, my adorable wife desended from Roan Freeman, involved in the Chimney Rock thing,
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

johnc wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:46 pm
Fox Mike wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:18 pm Howdy from Maryland. We have something in common. The last time I was in El Paso (Ft Bliss) I turned 50. Been a little longer than 20 years though.
how long were u in el paso?
PM sent
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

My question is "HOW did the Army convince Tyrone to wear shoes"??? I knew some pipeliners from Beaumont that were pretty good guys. The ROCS has a varied bunch of characters and we are all the better for it.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
johnc

Post by johnc »

contender wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:54 am Welcome to ROCS John. Glad you joined us here. I hope my help on the SA forum helped a little.

I started chuckling at your responses about "Where in Tx is that?" I was stationed at Ft. Hood for a few years,, and understand completely. So,, here's my reply,,, to Texans,, when they ask me "Where in Texas is Lake Lure?"

"Well,, you see I'm from Western North Carolina. And you must know,, that God created the world in 6 days,, and on the 7th, he rested. He chose to sit down in the mountains of Western North Carolina,, because it was the best place to relax!"

And another favorite of mine,, only used when a Texan gets truly offensive.
"Do you know what the definition of a midget is? It's a Texan with the s*** kicked out of him!"

NO offense to the MANY fine Texans I know AND respect!

As noted,, you'll fit right in here.
you kidding? i need all the help i can get!
johnc

Post by johnc »

Fox Mike wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 am
Fox Mike wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:18 pm Howdy from Maryland. We have something in common. The last time I was in El Paso (Ft Bliss) I turned 50. Been a little longer than 20 years though.
PM sent
never got it
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

Welcome from Indiana, a load of information here from a lot of awesome people, have faimly in Houston and Lubbock, love Texas.
johnc

Post by johnc »

thank you

and btw.........you people telling jokes about texas..........envy will get you nowhere. don't be jealous, just move to texas!
contender

Post by contender »

:D :D :D

Lots of chuckles here for sure.

And as for the Freemans,, lots of them still around here. I know several,, so I won't hold anything against your wife! (Heck,,, one Freeman rents space on my property for a sign.) :D

Seriously,, we do like to poke a little fun at each other,, but we are serious about our Rugers.
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

johnc wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:36 am
Fox Mike wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 am

PM sent
never got it
Sends much better when you press the correct button. I now know you got it...after I woke up.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue