Listing and value help

Rob337

Listing and value help

Post by Rob337 »

Good Morning all, My name is Rob and I am selling off an Estate of firearms for a friend that is just to busy. I am Retired/Disabled LEO from the Chicago west Suburbs. I know most of my guns, but I have not ever collected Ruger. I do personally own more Ruger than any other make. I am posting her as I do not want to breech any rules of the Forum. I sell on Gunbroker. I did see that Guns International is the preferred platform for selling. I do not have an account their and do to legal issues involved in an Estate will continue to sell there. After looking at some of the post here I see that several of these guns are very collectible. The Deceased was a very serious Collector. Here is one example of why I am here looking for guidance. One gun is the Super Blackhawk made for the Bicentennial and it does have the 200 year barrel imprint, super back finish, jeweled hammer and I think Magna-Port. There are also several Magnaport Classic SBH issues with the display boxes and hammers still strapped. There is a Redhawk HHI model, a few Tomahawk Models, a Police Marksman Gun, A Safari Series as well as some others I am not thinking of right now. With all the other guns I have listed , I have done a Penny start with a buy it now. So first question is can I say what I list on GB here? Next, is there a source to find previous selling prices? Most of these are not on GB. I did see if I list it for sale here I do need to include a price? Is that correct? Just let me know the best way to move these and get info on them. Please do not try and tell me they are no big deal and worth a couple hundred. I have been selling collectible guns for over 20 years, just not Rutgers. Be fair and honest, and I will return the respect. Also the previous owner was a member of the RCA and I think most came from there and SSK. Thank You.
hittman

Re: Listing and value help

Post by hittman »

Sign on GunBroker. Hit “Advanced” and “Search Completed Auctions” for price references.

Welcome to the forum.
Rob337

Post by Rob337 »

Hittman, That is what I try to do but I have only seen a couple Magna-Port, and it seems they end the auction, so I am guessing they sold it in a store. The Tomahawk I have not seen post. A HHI Super Blackhawk , A Police Marksman Redhawk? The Super BH 200 th year RCA issue, there is a Cape Buffalo from the Safari Series. I don’t have the guns in front of me as they are vaulted off sight. I’ll try and get more information. I think the best to do is just set an auction in GB and I’ll post a link here.
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I would advise you to get to the firearms and take lots of pictures for each one. Include the boxes, shippers and original paperwork if available. The more you can show the better the price you may receive at an auction on Gunbroker or any other auction site. You might also contact some of the big auction houses that handle firearms (Poulin Auctions, James Julia, Amoskeag, Rock Island Auction, etc.)

I know that Poulin Auctions is a buyer premium auction, which means that when the gavel drops the seller gets that amount. The auction house makes their money by charging the buyer a premium, not taking any money away from the seller. Poulin has had some good auctions of Rugers in the past and they do all the work for the seller. I would think the other auction houses work pretty much the same.

The Blue Book of Gun Values is another resource for one to use to look at values but be aware thay don't always match what the market is doing, but it is a start. You can see values and then ask questions from the people who really know the product (the folks here).

Be advised that handgun prices vary widely depending on what region of the US the interested buyer is in. In the Midwest a specific Ruger might go for $400 but in CA or the Northwest it might be worth $600+
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron