Hi from texas

johnc

Re: Hi from texas

Post by johnc »

no, that would be midland/odessa area, i think. maybe UK would be closer to uvalde
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

johnc wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:28 am no, that would be midland/odessa area, i think. maybe UK would be closer to uvalde
Welcome from central PA, from your responses so far, you will fit right in with us :D
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Howdy from Maryland. We have something in common. The last time I was in El Paso (Ft Bliss) I turned 50. Been a little longer than 20 years though.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Welcome from Vienna
johnc

Post by johnc »

when i left el paso i was 50. born and raised. 2001.

ok....i KNOW theres a PARIS TX! but wheres vienna tx?
johnc

Post by johnc »

Fox Mike wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:18 pm Howdy from Maryland. We have something in common. The last time I was in El Paso (Ft Bliss) I turned 50. Been a little longer than 20 years though.
how long were u in el paso?
johnc

Post by johnc »

RoninPA wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:12 pm
johnc wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:28 am no, that would be midland/odessa area, i think. maybe UK would be closer to uvalde
Welcome from central PA, from your responses so far, you will fit right in with us :D
i hope i don't keep this till i get banned! so far i'm at ban #5 on FB.

for those of you that don't know.....with the gray hair crowd (or no hair) from tx, when someone tells you where their from and its not tx, the response is " oh yea? where in texas is that?" doesn't matter city, state country etc. same response. when my kids were wee ones, i told them in turn everyone in the world was born in texas and only the traitors left. it came back to bite me in the ass many times :D
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

you know what they say about a Texan falling in a manure spreader.... all they got back was the boots and hat!! you are among friends here. welcome from the OTHER end of Route 62!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Great! Nobody but a Texan would have a clue about Uvalde! Spent a LOT of time in Uvalde, and Kinney county work related. I love that area, good times!
contender

Post by contender »

Welcome to ROCS John. Glad you joined us here. I hope my help on the SA forum helped a little.

I started chuckling at your responses about "Where in Tx is that?" I was stationed at Ft. Hood for a few years,, and understand completely. So,, here's my reply,,, to Texans,, when they ask me "Where in Texas is Lake Lure?"

"Well,, you see I'm from Western North Carolina. And you must know,, that God created the world in 6 days,, and on the 7th, he rested. He chose to sit down in the mountains of Western North Carolina,, because it was the best place to relax!"

And another favorite of mine,, only used when a Texan gets truly offensive.
"Do you know what the definition of a midget is? It's a Texan with the s*** kicked out of him!"

NO offense to the MANY fine Texans I know AND respect!

As noted,, you'll fit right in here.