Re: Greetings from MO

Post by USMC »

Hello and welcome from Indiana! ;)
Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.
johnw

Post by johnw »

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

SPAS 15, I need to get a few good pics of the Red Label. I have a few from the auction page, but they are fairly poor quality. I'll see what I can do about that, as well as the other OM Blackhawks. I have very few photos of the rest of the OM BH's, but I have managed to find .30 Carbine, both lengths of .41 Mag, and a real nice S47 as well. There's also a 3-screw Single-Six in the herd. It is a shooter, great mechanically, but well worn.

rugerguy and Watertender, I come about the Red Tractor affliction honest. My dad was an IH, then Case-IH dealer tech for 37 years, including my "formative" years. I generally just say no to things in green and yellow wrappers, exception being a few items in the Remington shades. If I'm honest, this red tractor thing has also caused me to divert some "Ruger funds" towards a decent IH-manufactured M1 Garand.

RocDoc and Brass Frame, I'm actually quite interested in No. 1's, but have just never pursued any. That may change in the future. I need to get to a show with some of the ROCS folks soon. I seem to get to the national red tractor show (Red Power Roundup) every time it is held within a few/several hours drive, but I've never even been to the Tulsa show only ~5 hours away.
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

good for you...my "I-H" is 1954 vintage, almost brand new, can hit clay birds on the bank of the 200 yard back stop...off hand........she's been retired for over 20 years now 8-) :roll: ;)
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

Sweet collection and good taste there are a bunch of good guys here with load's of information.
dawei

Post by dawei »

Welcome to rugersociety.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

John, glad to have you with us, if you haven't already I highly advise an ROCS membership. I can tell by your lineup of lead slingers you've been bitten by the Ruger bug - that itch won't go away, but the scratching of it is fun.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

You have an very nice collection.

Welcome and best regards from Vienna.
johnw

Post by johnw »

67stingray wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:47 pm John, glad to have you with us, if you haven't already I highly advise an ROCS membership. I can tell by your lineup of lead slingers you've been bitten by the Ruger bug - that itch won't go away, but the scratching of it is fun.
Bennett
Agreed! I pulled the trigger (via PayPal) on my ROCS membership yesterday evening, so I am officially on board now.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

johnw wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:40 pm
67stingray wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:47 pm John, glad to have you with us, if you haven't already I highly advise an ROCS membership. I can tell by your lineup of lead slingers you've been bitten by the Ruger bug - that itch won't go away, but the scratching of it is fun.
Bennett
Agreed! I pulled the trigger (via PayPal) on my ROCS membership yesterday evening, so I am officially on board now.
Congrats! You won’t regret that decision ;)
3screws

Post by 3screws »

Welcome from Arizona.I grew up in the Midwest with Red tractors and also love all Rugers.
3screws