Greetings from MO

johnw

Greetings from MO

Post by johnw »

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Just registered here, but been on RF.com for a number of years. Been lurking a bit over here, and certainly recognize some names. Thought it was time to jump in and test the water on this side.

Quick bio, I'm a mechanical engineer and cattle farmer from Gasconade County, with a thing for red tractors and Rugers. And maybe the occasional "off brand". My accumu... excuse me, collecting ;) focus has been Old Model protected-sight Blackhawks, but I also have a few other Rugers around as well, including a couple of DA's, a P94, an M77 or three, and the obligatory RST4. I even managed to recently bring home a super nice KRL-1236 Red Label - looking forward to busting a few clays with it in the spring!

Intro pic: The long and short of my OM .357's and .45's.
20201119_202015r.jpg
RocDoc

Re: Greetings from MO

Post by RocDoc »

Like your taste in revolvers! Welcome! You need a herd of No.1 rifles to accompany those SA revolvers!
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome! You have the Ruger bug and Red Tractor disorder.... There is help for both... Repeat after me... "It followed me home... Can I keep it? Huh? Huh? Can I keep it?"... That may work. Otherwise take 2 boxes to the place where you shoot and fire away... Glad you are here!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Welcome aboard!

Nice gathering of Blackhawks you there :)
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Welcome from the U.K. Love the Red Labels and busting clays with them. Any photos?
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome from Arkansas!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

welcome to the Forum, from here in NE Ohio.............cleared our lot with a "red" tractor' borrowed it from a neighbor, always had "yellow and green" ones, last one my deisel powered wheel barrow we called it, was a "blue" one....totally useless,,,ha ha but they were all fun.... :)
Nice Rugers, you're doing all right........ ;)
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Hello & Welcome
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Welcome from NW Ohio where I help on a family farm growing corn, soybeans and winter wheat. My brother tends to some livestock, mostly hogs and cattle. I retired from the Ag. Fertilizer industry about 7 years ago. I have a collection of mostly Old Model center fire Rugers and a whole bunch of Ruger No.1 rifles. My preference for Ruger Shotguns is a Gold Label Side X Side with a pistol grip stock and 28" bbls. My sport is shooting Clays of all kinds with one of my Winchester Model 21s or one of my Perazzis.

I also shoot pistol action with a Sig and a 1911 by Ruger. I enjoy all of the Shooting Sports! Try to visit the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. show in July. We put up displays of Rugers and have a really fun weekend. Brass Frame/Lee E