Hello from Western Washington State, USA

tarsier

Hello from Western Washington State, USA

Post by tarsier »

I am in the process of rebooting my enthusiasm for firearms after a 30 year pause. Why now? Retirement I suppose. When I stopped shooting I was handloading for my .243 Winchester , my 7mm Remington, .220 Swift. and my Model 788 Remington .223 which I still have. When I stopped shooting my aspirational next guns were a Ruger No. 1 .257 Roberts Ackley Improved and a Browning Superposed 12guage O/U.
Now that I'm back I am still considering a Ruger No. 1 but in .280 Ackley Improved which I understand were made in 2019. However I have yet to find one. For an all around rifle I will go with a Tikka T3 Lite 6.5 Creedmoor. Probably go with a 20 guage break open but unless I win the lottery it wont be an old superposed.

Is there a best way to find the No. 1 I am looking for?
67stingray

Re: Hello from Western Washington State, USA

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome aboard, glad to see your enthusiasm get a boost, the No.1 and Red Label will definitely do the job. If you're looking for a Number 1, our president is the man to see, this is his website: http://www.classicsportingarms.com/ruge ... -for-sale/

Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

First off, welcome aboard the best Ruger forum. Lots of VERY knowledgeable folks on here who will help you out.

Second, scour the on line gun auction sites and include the Poulin,James Julia, Amoskeg, etc. auction houses. You never know when something might pop up in their auctions. Keep checking the different Ruger forums and put a want to buy ad (then watch out for the scammers - it it sounds too good to be true - it is probably a scammer. Then tell us on here what is happening before you send any money and we can probably tell you yea or nay)

I'm primarily a handgun guy but I own a number of Ruger rifles and as for the .280 AI I have heard nothing but good about that cartridge and match it up with a No.1 and you've got a winner.

Also check www.classicsportingarms.com The owner, Lee Newton is the President of ROCS (and a great guy) and he may have a lead for you.
(Bennett you beat me to it :D )
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I second what Bennett and Ron said. Lee Newton is the man to see about a #1 Ruger. I just came into a 1950 vintage Marlin Model 90 12-gauge O/U with 26-inch improved cylinder and modified barrels. It's a nice shotgun and it ain't for sale! Welcome to the fun here and I hope you enjoy our company. It's a great bunch of people that speak Ruger fluently
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Welcome to the board! Image
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Happy to have you join us!! Welcome aboard!
Bill
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Welcome from Vienna
DaddyO66

Post by DaddyO66 »

Welcome from Colorado
dawei

Post by dawei »

Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian to rugersociety.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!