Joining-In from Wyo - Finally

PhantoM14

Joining-In from Wyo - Finally

Post by PhantoM14 »

Glad to be here. I've been longing for a thoughtful source to feed my interest in Ruger firearms.

I've been a firearms hobbyist since the Eisenhower Administration - through Boy Scouts, as a Cadet, in the Air Force, and through to today.

I'm an unreconstructed collector of guns that I take a fancy to, but which I cannot otherwise rationalize, justify, or categorize.

My Rugers are all long guns (see my signature), and among my favorites. I also have several Winchesters (1885, 1886, 94, and M70). Yes, I have both a M70 and a 77/Hawkeye and I like them both (hope that's okay). Of course, I have other guns including the requisite ARs, but also two sweet Semi-Auto M14 types (a type similar to that on which I originally trained as a cadet).

I have lots of questions about my Rugers that I hope to learn more about here, as time passes. My Ruger library includes Clayton on the No. 1 and Wilson on Ruger - though not much else (I don't think there is much else).

I'm not a collector in the sense that I care whether it was 1973 or 74 when the lever-pivot head had a screw slot cut into it. Rather, I like to enjoy a variety of shooting experiences: on the Range, on the Prairie after Pronghorns, or in the mountains on an Elk hunt. And I like the connection my Rugers (especially the No. 1) give me to history.

Then there is Marlin. It's always been a Ford vs. Chevy thing for me and in this domain my choice was Winchester. Maybe that will change with the new Sheriff in town - it very well could.

That's all for now. As I said, Glad to be here.
K1-RSI (.308Win); 1-A (7x57: 200th Anniversary of American Independence); 1-B (7mmRM); 77Hawkeye FTW (7mmRM); 77/22 (22LR)
67stingray

Re: Joining-In from Wyo - Finally

Post by 67stingray »

We're glad to have you, sounds like you'll fit right in. Unfortunately I believe the only book dedicated to the No.1 is Joe D. Clayton, but there are some major No.1 collectors here. Have a visit to Lee's website : http://www.classicsportingarms.com/. A great book for the M77 (tang safety) is Ronnie Burke's "Ruger M77 Bolt Action Rifles".
What part of Wyoming are you from? I spent some time there myself.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Welcome to you from the Buckeye state, Ohio. I send out the ROCS Digests between our semi annual issues that are mailed by our printer. I put your first Digest in the mail to you today, enjoy. I am a late comer to collecting Ruger No.1 rifles, but own and shoot several on our family farms. The Ruger No.1 rifles can be addicting, so I hope you have a very large gun safe or vault. Good luck and stay tuned. brass frame/Lee E
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Howdy from AK. Welcome aboard! :)
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

The K1RSI 308 you list is very desirable, think Lipseys says 110 total made. They were selling on the used market for so much, could not justify keeping mine
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to ROCS and our website, happy to have you aboard. You have some great guns. Lots of knowledge about Rugers here so feel free to ask any questions and share some pics with us too.
Bill
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

:!: Welcome from Utah!
Alot of Members here to answer Ruger Questions.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
PhantoM14

Post by PhantoM14 »

Wow! what a nice set of welcoming replies. Yes, I think I'll like it here.
K1-RSI (.308Win); 1-A (7x57: 200th Anniversary of American Independence); 1-B (7mmRM); 77Hawkeye FTW (7mmRM); 77/22 (22LR)
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Welcome from the U.K.