Favorites??

O M CRAZY

Re: Favorites??

Post by O M CRAZY »

It sounds to me that several of you could write a small article about your favorites. How, when, why, or from who you got them , and/or what you did to them to make them what they are today. Attach a couple of pictures and send them to our editor and they will be published in the next digest. Don't worry about your literary skills, we can provide help if wanted or needed.

I to have a large collection and within it I have many favorites. So I decided to write an article about one of my favorites for each article. (ten in all, but I could probably go more) I bet some of you can too?

One catch, you need to be a member of the Ruger Owners and Collectors Society (ROCS). If you aren't a member yet just print out an applicant and send it in, you can get one on the forum.

O M CRAZY/ Vince
Rommel

Post by Rommel »

Geez fellows, lets hear it for the Bearcat. I bought a Super Bearcat (type 8) in 1972. Between me, my two sons, and my grand children, it has accounted for a great number of rabbits, grouse, ground squirrels, and rock chucks. It has accompanied me on many of my big big game hunts and provided the finishing touches to elk and deer. It will hold its own when plinking with S& W's and Ruger semi autos. I own lots of handguns, but the Bearcat is close to my heart.
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I thought I would wake up this old thread. I most enjoy shooting tight groups with my #1’s but since I picked up my Blackhawk 45/45acp with the 3 3/4 inch barrel I can say it is a lot of fun to shoot I just need the rain to stop so I can get out more and enjoy. One other is my American 300 BO. with a vortex venom nothing is more relaxing than picking off tiny objects at great distance, and with hardly any recoil everyone loves to shoot it.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Big Old Boy

Does your 45 Blackhawk have a 3 & 3/4" bbl.? or a 4 & 5/8" bbl.? I haven't seen a 3 & 3/4" maybe it is a custom?
Either way those big bore revolvers a fun to shot. :D
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

Lipsey exclusives same as the 44 mag. but in a bisley configuration.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I have one of those .45 "Sheriff" models with 3-3/4" barrel and Birdshead grip frame, blue & color cased. Oh, it's for sale too!
Bill
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

I have to share a story, I picked up three of my Blackhawks from a store in new York, a 357 maximum, and two buckeyes 32 Cal and 38/40, arround my birthday as a present from my wife, was talking to lady clerk and she informed me that they all belonged to one man ,one that had bought from them for over thirty years, when asked why he was selling he informed her he had medical issues, and that these guns were more valuable to him than anything he owned ,after I had purchased and he returned for cash she told him that one person purched them for collection , me, she told me he took cash dropped his head sobbing and walked out, two days later he passed, these three Blackhawks are most special to me now, just showes time is short enjoy what we do and keep colleting .