No rifle shooters?

Mohavesam

Re: No rifle shooters?

Post by Mohavesam »

To the OP: Yes, my Ruger rifles are shot pretty frequently.
As always, Ruger did not read my mind - otherwise I'd be ranting about taking Abert's squirrels out of the treetops with my blued/laminated Frontier 22/77 ! 8-) 8-) 8-)
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I have not posted in a while, my grandson now owns all of my #1s but I still have a Ruger American compact in 300 BO that is a real joy to shoot and handy as can be. I don’t hunt anymore as to health issues but that Ruger American may come in handy during the revolution, who knows!
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I put out another Caldwell shooting table the other day so Deb or the neighbor can shoot with me on our range and it has rained and or cold and windy since then. I have the guns all cleaned and ready to shoot. Calling for good weather this weekend. With the weather not good to enjoy shooting I have been cleaning down in my reloading room. It pays to clean because I found 2 cases of 22 ammo I forgot about.
My farmer neighbor just stopped and told me I had a skunk in my pasture right beside my driveway. I grabbed my old trusty 10/22 and dispatched him real quick. He was only about 75 feet from my house and this was at 12 noon so there was a very good chance he was sick! Thank goodness it shoots real good and he did not even stink!!
Charlie1022
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Charlie1022 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:21 am Thank goodness it shoots real good and he did not even stink!!
Hey Charlie.........you talking about the skunk or you :?: :lol: :?: :lol: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

The skunk, Jay!
Charlie1022
Nahanni

Post by Nahanni »

Ok here is a shooting question /post. I have two Rugers in 204 ruger. I like both of them and shoot them lots. Anybody have any others in 204 Ruger that they like. I shoot these a lot.
Attachments
20200420-CBlyth-20200420_132954-2.jpg
20200524-CBlyth-20200524_162933-2.jpg
forrestinmathews

Post by forrestinmathews »

I shoot my Rugers regularly. They're quite loud and spectacular. .375 H&H and .458 Lott.
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

My Ruger No.1 in .204 Ruger is a Model No.1AHS with the 22" barrel. great for carrying on my 4 wheeler for ground hogs and in the combine harvesting corn in the fall for coyotes. Short and compact package.
My other .204 Ruger is in a Cooper heavy barrel Montana. Bolt action, heavy 27" barrel and the flattest shooting gun that I own!
Brass Frame/Lee E
contender

Post by contender »

For the OP,, I think the answer to your question was addressed early on. Most of us collect AND shoot,, but posting stuff about shooting them is overlooked.
Not as many rifle collectors,, but plenty of us shoot them, as noted by the many posts after your OP.

As a handgun hunter & more often handgun shooter,, I don't use my rifles much,, EXCEPT in my work, where folks pay for results. (I'm an Animal Damage Control Agent.)
But I do keep a Ruger M77/17 for varmints handy.

Oh,, a few posts above,, about the coon & skunk out during the daytime. IT'S NOT A TRUE SIGN OF A DISEASED ANIMAL. There are many reasons a NORMALLY nocturnal critter can be seen during daylight. But I do understand how folks can err on the side of caution.
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

My Son's & I shoot Rifles a lot in the spring & summer we are adamant varmint hunters we shoot 22, 22 Hornet, 218 Bee & 22-250. I recently got a 204 Ruger in the predator model just mounted a scope on it awaiting a sight in session. All of the rifles above are Rugers except the 22-250 it is a Remington 788 & it is a great shooter. The Hornet & Bee are No.1s.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!