Ruger Mini 30

Ruger8r

Re: Ruger Mini 30

Post by Ruger8r »

Nice!
Ruger only made a stainless when I got bit.
I have a little magazine envy, now. But I can live with ten at a time.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Those are some nice Mini's....But I guess I am old fashion....I prefer wood stocks and blued steel....But I live in the desert where there is little or no humidity to worry about rust..... And a 30 round Ruger magazine and a Bushnell Trophy 1.75 X 5 scope make it look ready for business.

O M CRAZY
Attachments
MINI 30     Bushnell Trophy (1).JPG
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

I agree, OM.
All my other long guns are wood and blue steel. I lost patience looking for one like yours and bought a new one.
Boyds makes a nice wood stock for the mini.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Carbineguy
I bought this one many many years ago and the wood is as plain as can be, but it is wood. My Mini 14 has the same plain wood as do must all others I have seen,
O M CRAZY
larry888

Post by larry888 »

I had purchased a Mini 30 several years before I moved to SC. since I had a great many guns I didn't want to ship them with the mover cause I'd probably lose a few when he shipped all my stuff down here. I didn't want to load up my car with the guns either as if I was stopped by the cops I would still be in jail. So I sold almost all my guns and brought down only about 4 guns. I also sold all the ammo I had - several tens of thousands rounds. Moved here 6 1/2 years ago and have been building up my collection since then. I miss the Mini 30 I bought for a song from a guy at the line going in the gun show. He said the mag wouldn't eject, so he just wanted to get rid of it. Well I found that the wood swelled a little and prevented the mag from dropping out. So I scraped the wood and fixed the problem. I sure miss that Mini.