NFA Title II Firearms

RoninPA

NFA Title II Firearms

Post by RoninPA »

Well, I am adding to my gunsmithing, Cerakoting and firearms transfers business. As of July 1, 2015 I will be able to handle (sell, transfer, etc.) NFA guns which are Suppressors (silencers), SBRs (Short Barreled Rifles), SBSs (Short Barreled Shotguns) and FA (Full Auto) firearms. Don't know how much FA stuff I'll do but I have a few people waiting for me to be able to buy suppressors and to help do the paperwork to buy or build SBRs. Lots of reading and studying the laws so I don't do something wrong but I do a have a few FFL friends that are helping train me.

I had been thinking about it when I retired and opened the shop up full time and went over the top when I was talking to the Sheriff (our CLEO for signing off on the BATFE forms) when he signed for the SBR that I won. He is very 2A friendly and pro gun). He said he was seeing a lot of Form 4's for suppressors lately because people in this area are finally figuring out that they can have them without a lot of trouble and that they can hunt with them (on the appropriate firearms) as there is nothing in the PA game laws that forbids their use. So, if I sell a few suppressors and do a few transfers for people each year that will pay for the special tax I have to pay to do this ($500 per year). It won't happen until July because the tax year for this is July-June with no proration if you start any other time so I have 2 months to get everything ready.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Re: NFA Title II Firearms

Post by flattop44 »

Ron, I believe that is a good move on your part. Like you say, suppressors are becoming more and more popular. Being a suppressed Ruger Mark II owner I can tell you that they are a lot of fun to shoot. Good luck with your new business ventures!!
FT44
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Sure wish we could have them up here.. the new Mark IV and 10/22 suppressed would be top of my list.

David
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

David,
That sucks....
My Lite 22/45's suppressed are Hollywood quiet and so fun to shoot.
I have a Gemtech Mist 10-22 in both the bull barrel and take down.
The bullet hitting the crow makes more noise that the shot!
You should move.... ;)
Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker