RARE SECURITY-SIX REVOLVERS

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
MinorLV

Re: RARE SECURITY-SIX REVOLVERS

Post by MinorLV »

Terry,

Please keep me posted on the book…love it!
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

MinorLV wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 pm Terry,

Please keep me posted on the book…love it!
Guys its not me writing the book on "-SIXS". Weaselmeatgravy aka Robert (Bob) Livingston is, I'm just the one badgering him to get it done before I croak! :mrgreen:

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Beautiful!! On the 5-inch .38 Police Service Six made for the RCMP I have read where there were 165 made with the RCMP taking delivery of 150 leaving 15 for sale to the public. As I understand it, the Canadian law regarding disposal of retired Police firearms requires that they be destroyed when they are taken out of service. Is this correct? If there are only 15 in that configuration out in public hands that would make them pretty rare...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Watertender wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 am Beautiful!! On the 5-inch .38 Police Service Six made for the RCMP I have read where there were 165 made with the RCMP taking delivery of 150 leaving 15 for sale to the public. As I understand it, the Canadian law regarding disposal of retired Police firearms requires that they be destroyed when they are taken out of service. Is this correct? If there are only 15 in that configuration out in public hands that would make them pretty rare...
Carl,
Page nine of the R.E.N.E. reference confirms your observations of 150 made, serial# range 160-94833 - 161-00030, with 15 overrun guns sold to US distributors, for a total of 165 guns. How ever if you read the copy of the letter from Gulf States Distributors, it states that there were 135 made for the RCMP with 15 overrun guns for a total of 150 made. You are correct in that they are a pretty rare gun.

My gun pictured would have been the 3rd gun made. The fact that it was re-imported back from Canada to the USA dispels the
myth that they destroy all their guns that are dropped from service, note Chet15's post in this thread. As far as I know my gun
#160-94838 has been the only one known reported to Chad. I am not saying that my gun is the only one re-imported, just the only one reported. I am still looking for one of the overrun guns myself!
Best
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man