Ruger Firearms Shop

Anything Ruger related.
chet15

Ruger Firearms Shop

Post by chet15 »

Has anybody seen this???
Just stumbled upon it... Looks like these are Ruger factory web pages.
Rugerfirearmshop.com

There are some offerings on here that as of yet are not on Ruger's main website.

Chet15
JAYDAWG

Re: Ruger Firearms Shop

Post by JAYDAWG »

Looks like you can purchase guns direct.
Used guns also.
Interesting.

Jaydawg
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

BE WARNED - Looks like a scam to me. Pprices are too low, they say "police trade ins" but some of what I saw, what police dept would have these in their armory? Also, for me, the biggest red flag is that they only accept Zelle for payment, there is no recourse to get money back if using Zelle to send money to a scammer. Also I didn't see a physical address and no address to send a copy of your local FFLs' license.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Piranha451

Post by Piranha451 »

RoninPA wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:26 pm BE WARNED - Looks like a scam to me. Pprices are too low, they say "police trade ins" but some of what I saw, what police dept would have these in their armory? Also, for me, the biggest red flag is that they only accept Zelle for payment, there is no recourse to get money back if using Zelle to send money to a scammer. Also I didn't see a physical address and no address to send a copy of your local FFLs' license.
I noticed that as well. I wondered why would a police department have Super Redhawks or even Blackhawks. It made me very skeptical to say the least.
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

RoninPA wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:26 pm BE WARNED - Looks like a scam to me. Pprices are too low, they say "police trade ins" but some of what I saw, what police dept would have these in their armory? Also, for me, the biggest red flag is that they only accept Zelle for payment, there is no recourse to get money back if using Zelle to send money to a scammer. Also I didn't see a physical address and no address to send a copy of your local FFLs' license.
Good observations Ron. I think you are right.

Jaydawg
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Sent an email to Elaine Sandberg, and she graciously replied on a Sunday night with the following.

Good Evening Jay -

This is not a legitimate Ruger website.
As you know Ruger only sells to wholesale distributors who in turn sell to the retailers.

I have forwarded this to our web folks and our legal department. They will investigate this website.

We have seen this type of stuff in our Facebook feeds

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great week!

Elaine

Elaine Sandberg

Product Marketing Manager

Ruger Firearms

1 Lacey Place