30 cal 3 screw

Hondalibo

30 cal 3 screw

Post by Hondalibo »

I have two 30 caliber Blackhawk three screws one is a four digit that clearly has the Ruger logo and caliber above the trigger housing on the other one it’s completely blank it is definitely a 30 caliber, but there is no caliber marking whatsoever anywhere on the gun, much less where it supposed to be contacted ruger and they tell me the gun in question is manufactured in 1970 but they have no record of anything like that. Leaving the factory without the caliber being marked on the frame the way it should be has anybody ever heard of anything like this?
d findley

Re: 30 cal 3 screw

Post by d findley »

Anything is possible where humans are working.
Attachments
46.jpg
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Hondalibo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:53 pm I have two 30 caliber Blackhawk three screws one is a four digit that clearly has the Ruger logo and caliber above the trigger housing on the other one it’s completely blank it is definitely a 30 caliber, but there is no caliber marking whatsoever anywhere on the gun, much less where it supposed to be contacted ruger and they tell me the gun in question is manufactured in 1970 but they have no record of anything like that. Leaving the factory without the caliber being marked on the frame the way it should be has anybody ever heard of anything like this?
Yes, as seen with the .22 pistol pic above, things like that happen.
Ruger's records will not have anything like that mentioned, not only because if they did know such an error occurred the gun probably would have left the factory that way, and secondly, there's no room in their record books to keep notes of such unusual circumstances, if even they think to note something like that.
Chet15
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Perhaps it was a lunch box special? Stranger things than that have happened
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...