There's a First Time for Everything!

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
bruce

There's a First Time for Everything!

Post by bruce »

So, retired the last Sunday of May. Finally moved and got settled in at our new home. Wonderful whopper of a gun store less than 1.5 miles away. Great range! Took my Mk. II stainless steel and my S&W M-18 yesterday. The Ruger has always been a very good shooter. The S&W has been my most favorite most used most adored handgun since I bought it in 2000. Yesterday just for fun and giggles, I fired a couple of 50 round qualification targets using a B-27. Not black. Orange. Oh well, that's what they had in stock. First up ... Ruger. Shot well. Lots of 10's and X's ... 10 shots into the 9 ring. Very pleased. Next came the S&W. Double-action. As expected, lots of 10's and X's. However, ended up w/ 16 in the 9 ring. Looking at the target, noted I was favoring the left side of center. Attribute this to it having been years since I could shoot this pistol at anything other than steel plates. Still, surprised. Have not ever had any standard type MK. II that would genuinely equal that S&W 18. When I was shooting it exclusively, could keep all shots into 2" firing DA. Guess I'll have to see how things go shooting SA. Or, maybe I'll have to put some practice into recovering my DA skills. Sincerely. bruce.
flattop44

Re: There's a First Time for Everything!

Post by flattop44 »

The main thing is that you had fun and got to do some shooting!! After years of not shooting it sounds like you did pretty good.
FT44
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Glad you had a good time shooting! Let us know how your Red Eagle shoots. Put the other grips on it to keep the ones with the Red Eagle nice. You have a couple of great pistols there my friend....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
bruce

Post by bruce »

Please excuse me for failing to respond.

Installed the replacement grips and stored the Red Eagle grips in a zip lock back so that they will not get damaged!

That little pistol can flat shoot!!! Have been able to come up with a couple of good magazines and one magazine that looks good but occasionally is a bit wonky feeding. Gobbles Aguila and CCI Mini Mags like candy. No difference in on target results.

This afternoon, sitting in the den watching Lord of the Rings w/ my wife. For 43 years we've lived in apartments, rented housed, parsonages ... but never our own place. This is our first Christmas in our own home. Hazel seems to glow she is so happy. For that reason alone, I am thrilled. Later, I'll clean that pretty little pistol. Later this week, I'll hopefully get to venture out again to the pistol range.

May God bless each and everyone of you! May yours be a most blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!! Sincerely. bruce.