Prob. w/ Blackhawk

bruce

Prob. w/ Blackhawk

Post by bruce »

Have one of the 50th anniversary Blackhawks in .357 Mag. Dry firing the other night w/ snap caps. Cocking slow and easy. No foolishness. Then, went to cock the hammer. Will not come back. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Would appreciate any suggestions before I go off and make a mistake. Sincerely. bruce.
SteveRuger

Re: Prob. w/ Blackhawk

Post by SteveRuger »

I would try pushing the cylinder pin back in sometimes they work out and the little spring pin on the end of the cylinder rod does not push the small plate that pushes so it can clear the firing pin.
If you look under the hammer when trying to cock it I believe you will see the safety plate catching under the firing pin.
This would be my best guess.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
bruce

Post by bruce »

Just as soon as possible, I will get to the house and see if your suggestion works. Really hope it is that simple! Sincerely. bruce.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Tried the idea about the cylinder pin. Made no difference. Removed the grip and tried the key. No soap. Going to have to do some more reading to figure this out. Will appreciate any help/advice anyone might have to offer. Sincerely. bruce.
contender

Post by contender »

This will require a disassembly.
The hammer has a pin installed inside it. Sometimes the pin can break, or get hung up. It is a small part,, and an even smaller spring inside the hammer to push the pin. Check to see if the pin moves freely in & out a little.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Hum ... looks like that exceeds my level of expertise. So, off now to find a gunsmith who can do the work. Oh well. Thank you very much for your kind help. Sincerely. bruce.