Did they make - M77V's in these configurations?

Includes .44 & 10/22 Carbines; Mini-14, 30 & 6.8; Model 96 & 99/44 Deerfields; M77s; PC 4s & 9s; AC-556; MP9; XGI.
b1buddy

Did they make - M77V's in these configurations?

Post by b1buddy »

I have been collecting M77's for awhile now, but have begun narrowing my focus. Have sold off most of my 'normal' M77's and will sell of the rest as the opportunity arises. However - my focus area for M77's is the M77V's. At this point, my objective was/is to have all the calibers represented from the beginning to something around the mid-80's. I 'think' I am there except for the supposedly produced 30-06's (5 made?), which if correct, I will never get one of those.

Based on my best figuring from RENE, they may have made 25-06 in the V as a flat bolt and also maybe as a hollow bolt. Do any of you know for sure if they did or not?

Plus, what other configurations might there be based on calibers? I am not sure I really want to collect all the different configurations, but depending on how many there might actually be will influence my path. Currently in Flat bolts, I have the 22-250, 243, 6mm, and 220 Swift. All the other calibers I have are standard round bolts.

Anyway, am fishing for information that anyone might can share as to the M77V configurations and calibers.

Buddy
ElNumeroUno

Re: Did they make - M77V's in these configurations?

Post by ElNumeroUno »

I know the V 25-06 Flatbolt was made. I kind of think I remember a V 25-06 Hollowbolt. A 280 V is another. There are several people more knowledgeable than me on this subject. I assume you have been through Burke's book on M77's??
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
b1buddy

Post by b1buddy »

Yes. Burke's book is a prime reference. I have started a M77V 'listing' of what I consider Burke says and RENE says so that I can assemble myself a list of bullet points regarding the V's.

Thanks for the reply. Am hopeful others will come in on this one. May put the same question on the RugerForum as well.

Buddy
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

We need to get Terry W. on here! Going to call him now and tell him to get his Daughter to register him and show him how to do this stuff.
Lee
El Numero Uno
b1buddy

Post by b1buddy »

The ones I listed above are the flat bolts that I have. I do have the 280, 308, 25-06, and 243 in round bolts. In fact, the 243 - I have one flat bolt and one round bolt and they are fairly close together in s/n so that somewhere in between them they were changed. 70-90773 and 71-04184. I think that is pretty interesting.

The 22-250 flat bolt is the one that Jim Carmichel owned, and I probably paid too much for it, but I like it anyway. :oops:

And, of course there are a few 'more modern' vintage including the wonderful 6.5 Creedmoor!!! Now that sucker shot good right out of the box. Fired two rounds to get scope on paper and close to bull. Then fired a 5 shot group that was 5/8" with factory ammo. Not bad for an "old" Ruger that some folks say don't shoot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, besides the V's, I am up to 7 of the boatpaddles. One is a 7.62x39 with sights, and as you might guess, Ruger stopped doing the letters about a month before I sent them the money for letters including this one. So, it may never get verified.

So, if you want to talk about M77's, post something!!!!

Buddy
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

I'm interested in the RSI flavor of M77s, not so much the other versions. Was following the K77RSIs from Lipseys until Ruger messed up with the recent matt version in 30-06, real disappointed with that one after a lot of anticipation.

Learned something new today, was not aware of the Burke book, found one on Amazon, but big bucks.
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Rocdoc,
See me at Dallas on a Burke book; will make you a deal. I have a couple of extra.
El Numero Uno