Compitition Pistol

JeHB36

Compitition Pistol

Post by JeHB36 »

Good Day, I am involved with a competition shooting club. I shoot a Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer in 9MM. Does anyone know of a good Ruger pistol that would be as accurate? I am planning on getting the SR1911 but am not sure if it is as accurate and easy to shoot. Joe
O M CRAZY

Re: Compitition Pistol

Post by O M CRAZY »

JeHB36,

For years I have shot a Kimber Custom. I now have several Ruger SR1911s. I have found that the Ruger shots just as good as my Kinber. ( or as least as good as I can shot!). They now have several different models to chose from, full size, commanders, rail gun, and light weights. Some with different finishes and sights and all with the same custom features you find in the high end 1911s. But at this time they only offer a .45. I have not had any trouble with them feeding, ejecting, or dropping a magazine. I also found them to have a smooth trigger pull (also adjustable).For the price of a Ruger I don't believe you can do much better. IMO

In my years of shooting I have cracked the slide and blew out the barrel bushing (3 times) on my Colt and cracked the slide on my Kimber. So far my Ruger has remained in one piece.

O M CRAZY