Thank you for letting me join

RocDoc

Re: Thank you for letting me join

Post by RocDoc »

Cirrhitidae wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:23 pm
RocDoc wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:14 pm Who was it said: I could not join any organization that would admit me as member?
That's a good one!
Maybe Groucho Marx??
Ruger No.1

Post by Ruger No.1 »

Welcome to ROCS. We are always thrilled to have more Ruger collectors aboard.
dscampbell1286

Post by dscampbell1286 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Yes it was Groucho Marx when he wanted to join a country club. They let me join so you are among friends. The people here are decent. It's a nice bunch plus they know a whole lot about Rugers
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the ride. Now you need a 10/22 for your collection. Do you shoot yours or just collect them?
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Welcome to our growing list of members and you have a good start to collecting Rugers. By way of introduction, my handle is Brass Frame and I serve as the Editor of our Digest. If you have interest in writing an article for publication, feel free to reach out to me and I can give you some suggestions. You are among many friendly people who enjoy our great hobby. I also give you thanks for serving in LE and teaching. I am located in Ohio and retired, but active in Agriculture, helping on our family farms. Stay tuned as we grow and display our collections at many display shows around this great country. Thanks for joining. Brass Frame/Lee
dscampbell1286

Post by dscampbell1286 »

Thank you all. All of my Ruger firearms are for shooting. I had a 10-22 and a mark 3 but sold them as I really prefer revolvers and bolt action rifles. The only semiautomatic pistol I own is a Savage model 1907 .32 acp made in 1911 which I inherited from my late brother in law.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I'd say roughly half of my firearms are shooters and there is nothing wrong with shooting yours. For the longest, everything I owned had a purpose and intended use. Most gun, knife, and tool makers would prefer for their works to be used. That said, if you keep it up I'd be willing to bet that you'll be putting a few up in time!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber