Hello from Oklahoma

Grizzly

Hello from Oklahoma

Post by Grizzly »

I would like to thank you for this great organization and allowing me the opportunity to join. I got ahead of myself and posted a question before an introduction. I appreciate the the info from the replies. I bought my first Ruger 40 years ago and the love affair was on. I call myself a collector but an accumulator is more like it, I dabbled years ago with Vaquero's and had a number of the harder to come by variations. Unfortunately 2008 hit me, like several people, pretty hard and I had to liquidate. Because of that I just can't bring myself to add another Vaquero, too many regrets. So these days GP100's, Bisley's and No.1's seem to follow me home. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at the NRA show's or Tulsa sometime.
flattop44

Re: Hello from Oklahoma

Post by flattop44 »

We are happy that you have joined us. The Rugers that seem to be following you home now are good ones. I hope you get a bunch of them. Feel free to post away and have fun on the site.
Bill
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Oh meant to say be sure to come by the ROCS Display booth at the NRA meeting and introduce yourself. Look forward to seeing you in Tulsa too.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome from Arkansas. I have many great memories of OK. My family had a gas station and cabin on Lake Eufaula for many years. Somewhere, there is a photo of me standing in front of a mess of catfish. Many of them were larger than I was at the time. We'll see you in Tulsa!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

A warm welcome aboard from snowy Michigan. Glad to have another No 1 guy in the forum.... :D
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Good to have you here. This is the place for all things Ruger. We have a great time and a lot of fun
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Hello Grizzly, Welcome and very happy to have you here with us at ROCS. We met on that first post you reference with my mistaken response,,,,,,, :oops: :oops:. You weren't the only one that was bit in 2008, many took it on the chin. I hope folks are more prepared for the next correction.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

A Big welcome and looking forward to meet you.
Charlie1022