My Curio Cabinet

All Memorabilia
flattop44

Re: My Curio Cabinet

Post by flattop44 »

Keep 'em coming, always enjoy seeing anything Ruger!
FT44
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Amazing collection! You should be proud of it. I am sure everyone here is happy to see such a fine grouping of Ruger items
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you! Alright, I'll do a few more for the evening.

Gentleman, how about some Texas Hold Em or Omaha?
Attachments
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Because it was easy here are some final images for the evening of my Chief AJ items. I cross posted these in the Chief AJ thread but also wanted to leave a set here! I do not own a firearm from his workshop.
Attachments
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

All I can say is WOW!!! What a collection! If your firearm are anything like your memorabilia I think we will all be in awe! Great looking stuff and some of it is very rare. Keep putting up the pictures we love to see them.

O M CRAZY
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Yes sir.

Perhaps it's my grouping but I had a hard time photographing these. These are the pins, fire, and other misc I've accumulated.
Attachments
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

This is a little bit different. All of these items were made by LeRoy Johnson a great and dear friend of mine. I've given more of his calls away as gifts than I've kept but I really like the tone and style of his calls. LeRoy has been making Calls for 40 plus years and he also loves Rugers. He has offered to teach me to do this but I stay so busy that I stupidly have not taken him up on the offer. The SS grips are the only set of grips that he has ever made and I will need to verify but they are probably 20 years old. The turtle shells are a newer addition to his line of calls. To my knowledge, he has only ever done one collaboration piece and that was with me. I painted a shell and he made the call. That one was a gift for a friend and I'll have to find a picture of it. The red blue and yellow turtle shell came from land in OK which used to belong to the Seneca Tribe. We thought it fitting to honor the call with their tribal colors. It's one of my favorites. I really hope you enjoy these!
Attachments
IMG_0404.JPG
IMG_0403.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG
Last edited by Rugerologist on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

My goodness, that is a fantastic collection of pins, lighters, etc. I like the calls too, good stuff. The grips are fine looking too. We sre are enjoying all you memorabilia.
FT44
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Cirrrhitidae,
Let me just add that many of us here are Life Members over there! This organization was formed because a group of us felt like we could offer something better than we were getting over there. If you have not joined the organization, you should go on line and do so. We publish 2 Digests in the Spring and Fall(64 pages) and 2 Reports in the Summer and Winter(12-14 Pages).
I like your cabinet! My wife has one like that, but she won't let me use it for Rugers.
CLN
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

He recently renewed his membership and his Spring Digest and Summer Report are heading to him. I sure am happy to have him aboard!!
FT44