Greetings from Florida

dos0711

Greetings from Florida

Post by dos0711 »

Good morning,

I just signed up and made payment to be a member of the Ruger Owners and Collectors Society. I own several Rugers...my most recent is a Ruger Mark I Bull Barrel from 1973. That pistol makes me shoot better than I really can! Anyway, I'm a Ruger fan as most here are so hello neighbors!

dos0711
flattop44

Re: Greetings from Florida

Post by flattop44 »

WELCOME to ROCS, we are certainly happy to have you as a new member. Your copy of our fall Digest magazine, membership card and 2018 ROCS Logo Brassard will be headed to you shortly.
Thanks for supporting ROCS.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Greetings.. I had a 1970 vintage Ruger T512 that I sold to get things for the family at the time. That was a great shooter too. I know what you mean about the gun shooting better than you can. Mine was the A54 frame while yours is the A100 frame. There is a wealth of Ruger knowledge here. Good to have you in the ROCS
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

welcome aboard from snowy Michigan !

Although I prefer No 1s, like most here, I dabble in all Rugers. I have a Mk II slab side, witch shoots great, also have a single six, an old army and a vaquero.

Please post Pics, love looking at Rugers!!!
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

My wife keeps griping about me taking her to Florida, guess it will be 2018! Welcome to our group!
PierreinCanada

Post by PierreinCanada »

Welcome dos0711.

My wife also wants me to take her to Florida to visit some friends...perhaps we could hold a ROCS convention down there, so that I can have somewhere to slip away to.

Pierre in Canada
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome!!! We seem to be hitting a growth spurt lately.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
dos0711

Post by dos0711 »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Hello dos0711

Your in the right place for good conversation and camaraderie concerning Rugers.
I'm new as well and have learned a lot about Rugers by reading the posts, engaging in conversation and ordering a few books from our resident author/members. Its a great group glad to have you ...

Welcome
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Those Ruger target pistols are addicting! I also own a slab side, Mark II with red dot. It is a hoot to shoot, when I can take my turn with the grandsons. I know, I need to buy one for each of them? I have stocked up on ammo, and we shoot in my back yard when the weather is warmer. Good luck with your collecting and keep us posted on what you are looking to find.
From the frozen and snow covered area of NW Ohio. Brass Frame/Lee E