Ruger Memo

All Memorabilia
d findley

Ruger Memo

Post by d findley »

This internal memo went out to all SR employees on March 14,1983.Ruger employees were spending a lot of time catering us (Ruger collectors). Ruger Collectors were not Mr. Rugers favorite people. The employee who received this asked that his name be marked out.
Attachments
4.jpg
Rugerologist

Re: Ruger Memo

Post by Rugerologist »

I've heard that about Mr. Ruger but seeing it in print puts things into perspective on exactly where he stood. Was unfortunate that he felt that way!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

There is no misunderstanding that message. It is just to bad that most of the company still fells that way.

Hopefully, someday, we can change their thinking.

O M CRAZY
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

The short runs Lipesys and others do, the un-cataloged editions, I think thse are intersing
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I knew that, Steve Vogel and I talked about it on different occasions. 1st time I've seen/heard of it being in writing though. One other comment though....at the time it was written most all collectors were collecting Old Models and other models that were well out of production. Hence, Ruger already made his dime off of them. So I can kinda see the disassociation...........Today, I feel it is a much different story. A lot of Ruger people just drool over the "next" model/caliber to come out. I think today Ruger would benefit a great deal with a close association with Ruger collectors. JMHO, Jack.
d findley

Post by d findley »

This was WB Senior. The employees have always liked us.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I can attest to that Don. Especially one nice lady that was in records, Wanda Santana.......We spent 3 hours on the phone one day going through each individual Maximum record from about 600-11000 on up.......
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

That is a rather forceful "request"... From reading some of the material in Don's book "The Ruger Papers" there is no doubt that WBR Sr was the Big Boss... I believe he saw the guns they made as tools to be used and not as safe queens unless made as an engraved model to be presented to a specific individual.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...