Steve and Molly Vogel

d findley

Steve and Molly Vogel

Post by d findley »

The late Steve Vogel and wife Molly enjoying time shooting on Mr. Ruger's country estate.
Attachments
vogel.jpg
vogel.jpg (195.7 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
vogel 001.jpg
vogel 001.jpg (155.26 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
ElNumeroUno

Re: Steve and Molly Vogel

Post by ElNumeroUno »

WOW! Thanks; don't suppose anyone can date this pic? I think about 1980.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
johncdougan

Post by johncdougan »

Lee & Donnie,

I took these photos in 1980, a bunch of us went to shoot on Mr. Ruger's property in Easton, CT. Tom Ruger and his wife Chicky and kids were there, Jay and Barbara Hansen and their kids were there, the Vogel kids were there and a few others, I don't recall their names, mostly pals of the kids.

We had 25-30 shotguns, rifles and handguns to shoot. Among the hardware was Vogel's Tommy Gun and two Ruger selective-fire Mini-14. Hansen Cartridge Co. provided cases of all calibers of ammunition.

After a couple hours of shooting, we took a lunch break. The ladies set up tables (with table clothes) and covered them with all kinds of goodies. After a first class lunch we shot till everyone was worn out.

Somewhere around here I have some other pictures from the same afternoon. One is of me shooting the Tommy fitted with a 100 round magazine, after emptying it I made the mistake of grabbing it by the barrel, it left a scar.

I have thought about that day many times in the last 35 years, it was a special time and special memory for me.

Regards, John
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Hey John, great commentary!! Post us a pic of you shooting the Thompson with the 100 round magazine....and the scar if you have one of it too!! :)
FT44
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

John, I too would like to see more pictures of this era in the life of Mr. Ruger with his family and friends. I started into serious collecting too late to have met Steve Vogel. My loss, but great to see him in these pictures. I appreciate your commentary very much and like Bill, I would like to see more pictures of you and your involvement of the Ruger folks.
Thanks again John. Lee E./Brass Frame.