A Great day on my range

Charlie1022

A Great day on my range

Post by Charlie1022 »

After years of planing my good friends, Vince & Carol Carrabetta stopped in for a few days to visit. After breakfast, one morning the ladies decided to go shopping while Vince and decided to unload some ammo on my ranges here at the house. We started out with handguns and switched to my PC Carbine in 9mm which Vince had never had a chance to shoot before. He was really impressed by how it shot. We then moved over and shot some new steel on my 100-yard range with M77 in 223. It was getting hot out in the sun so we moved back in the shade on my rimfire and handgun and I got one of my tuned-up 10/22's out and started shooting several different steel targets with BX25 round magazines. Wow was that fun! Vince had the biggest smile when he would see how fast he could shoot the targets. I even got out one of my PCP air pistols and we were hitting targets at 50 yards. Even though it was getting hot out we still had a great time. So if you are like me you have some you like to display and you have others that are just plain fun to get out and shoot. So lets hear about your next trip to the range. Thanks Vince for a fun day at the range!
Charlie1022
gunman42782

Re: A Great day on my range

Post by gunman42782 »

I remember the good old days when all I had to do was step outside the house to shoot. Alas, I have to pack up all my stuff and drive about 12 miles to the range. Which isn't terrible, I know some folks that have to drive a lot farther. But, sounds like you and your buddy had a great time, which is what it's about.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

It was fun :D :D Being able to step out into Charlie's backyard and have not one but two shooting ranges was unbelievable to a city boy :o The PC9 was easy to handle, but is heavy. It shot good and after going through about a 100 rounds each we moved to range 2. Charlie brought out a Model 77 in 223cal.that he had tweaked a little, It also had a weaver scope. We shot at steel targets at 100 yards. We shot at a small coyote and a squirrel, they were no match for the Model 77. That is one of the sweetest guns I have ever shot,

Charlie and Deb were very gracious hosts! It doesn't get better than this, goods friends, good guns, all in a beautiful country setting. :D

O M CRAZY

aka Vince
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!!!
That is how it is supposed to be.........

Charlie, I'm next!
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Just let me know when you are coming Jay and we can warm up some guns. Like Vince said the two ranges are fun in the back yard.
Charlie1022
If1hitU

Post by If1hitU »

Congrats on have a good time shooting. 8-)