New arrival

Anything Ruger related.
Robb Barnes

New arrival

Post by Robb Barnes »

Gentlemen, I have to say I just found this site and it all due to a few pictures a couple of you posted on another sight of two of you both standing with Craig Boddingtons' daughter. While I agree the young lady is easy on the eyes, it was the logos on those white shirts that caught my attention and started me searching for what they represented. Since the site let me register, all I can say is it needs to improve its "vetting" process of people who want to join!

I will admit to being a misfit here in that I am not a Ruger collector but I do have a passion for customized and converted Rugers. I even have had a small display at a few shows where I have a banner that says "RUGER, the heart of the custom revolver" and then display samples of what custom work can be done to Ruger single actions.

If you do not mind a Ruger miscreant hanging out her once in awhile I would like to stick around and learn from the rest of you.

Thanks for making this place available,

Robb
flattop44

Re: New arrival

Post by flattop44 »

Hey Robb, you are most welcome to our site!! We like and want all and anything Ruger. Looking forward to your participation on the site and invite you and all site participants to become an active Member of ROCS.

I too have a few custom Rugers that I sure do like. I have examples from Hamilton Bowen, John Gallagher and Dave Clements and enjoy them all. All are true masters of their craft!!

Now, to really make us happy, you need to bring your display to one our ROCS Display shows for everyone to see and enjoy.

FT44/aka Bill
Robb Barnes

Post by Robb Barnes »

Hi Bill, thanks for the welcome! I would love to be able to do a custom revolver display at one of the shows but there does not seem to be too many of them out here on the far west coast. Hopefully I can make next years Boise show that I know some of the collectors go to. Boise is only 8-9 hours away from me but that is very doable. I thought of you just the other day as I was looking a python ads. I snagged one of the rare python barrels in 41 caliber that I want to have installed on a python and have it converted to 41 Special. Unfortunately there are way too many projects in the works so this one will be awhile before it gets done.
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hey Rob! Welcome to our web sight. ROCS got started just over one year ago in Tulsa. I am the Editor of our twice/year Digest and I want to invite you to write an article about your Custom Rugers? First, I need you to join our group by printing off the new member application on the web page and send in your dues to Bill Hamm. We are all volunteers and want this group to succeed. Your input and information about custom Rugers would be well received. Stay in touch.
Brass Frame/Lee E. Sundermeier
Robb Barnes

Post by Robb Barnes »

Thank you for the welcome Mr. Sundermeier! I just completed my membership paperwork for the group so I should be official. Writing an article on custom revolvers would be a nice change from the normal stuff I write for our state and national organizations. What are the word limit parameters and other pertinent details about articles submitted? Also, what are the time frames when stuff needs to be submitted by? I am looking forward to learning more about the ins and outs of the Ruger world even if I do not collect them per se.

Robb
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Robb, thanks for joining ROCS, received your application and payment . An article on your custom Rugers will be great. Lee will fill you in on more specifics but we request articles and digital pictures be submitted on a thumb drive. Deadline for our next issue is Feb. 1st.
A .41 Special Python would indeed be something special, hope you can get that one built.
FT44
contender

Post by contender »

Welcome to our other Ruger site Robb! Your customs are welcome here too!
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hello Again Robb. Sorry if this is a repeat as I posted on the hunting section where you showed us a fine goat, harvested with your custom .41. Send your articles to me by thumb drive with photos as quoted by Bill. No word limit, but I need editorial rights to help fit the article and photos to the space available. Send me an email and I will respond with my USPS address. The deadline for our next issue is February 1, 2015. We plan to have the Spring issue ready by April for the NRA show in Nashville. I can also be reached via cell phone. I am in the Eastern Time Zone of Ohio. Lee E. Cell: 419 265 6735.