Knife blades

johncdougan

Knife blades

Post by johncdougan »

Hello everyone,

I am researching the experimental Ruger knife blade project from1966. There were probably less than 75-80 blades investment cast at Pine Tree Casting Corp.. A few of these blades are in collections and if you you have any would you please contact me, I need photos and want to ask some question about them so as to develop a more complete picture of the project. Chad, what do you know about these?

915.478.1868 or skiatookguncompany@att.net

Thanks, John
67stingray

Re: Knife blades

Post by 67stingray »

John, I've got 6 of those blades I got from Don, I'll give you a call sometime tomorrow.
Bennett
Attachments
Ruger Prototype Blades #3.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Bennett,
Very Rare set of blades you have there! As I told you last year when you shared them with me, outside of the RCA Journal
yours were the only other pictures I had seen. I look forward to reading what John's research comes up with & thank you for sharing ! I really like the picture above displayed on that Ruger mousepad. ;)
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Thanks Terry, I'm glad John is putting this article together, it's an honor to have him and Don as our historians. The research and compiling the information on these odd items into a written resource is invaluable. By the way I got an email today they have the clear cleaning mat like in the pic on sale at ShopRuger.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bennett they are beautiful blades and would look even better pictured on your pool table!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Jim Hoobler

Post by Jim Hoobler »

John, I wrote an article on the knives many years ago. It was published in the Ruger Collectors Journal Vol. 7 March. 1983 No.1
I still have one blade that has been polished but not sharpened.