RSS Flatgate Lightweight Tri-color

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
contender

Re: RSS Flatgate Lightweight Tri-color

Post by contender »

To answer the question of why folks block out the serial numbers.

Fear of someone claiming it as their gun from the past. (think stolen here.)

Fear of the government tracking them. (Federal, State & local.)

Those two excuses show up.

I often inquire of a seller to privately share the number with me BECAUSE I watch for numbers. And often,, the number discloses more details about the gun.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Very Nice!!
Chet15
PRichardson87

Post by PRichardson87 »

Good evening, I'm new to ROCS and the forum and I'm actually the winning bidder lol. Don't mind sharing a couple pics as well as the serial number. I've been collecting for a couple years and this ones been on my list. Every bit as nice as the pictures in the auction. I didn't mind if I overpaid a little, just hard to find a clean one. Now the real uphill battle is searching for a box I don't need a second mortgage for. I look forward to the knowledge on here and can hopefully contribute, thanks Pat :D
tri color.jpg
tri color 2.jpg
tri color 3.jpg
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to ROCS and congrats on obtaining that fine Tri-Color, as you said, its really hard to find them in that condition. I don't think you overpaid, the important thing is you now own it!! Thanks for the pics and serial number. Its serial number made me think of my Greenwreath boxed Tri-Color, #200199. Just a couple of thousand apart.😃
Again, welcome to ROCS and the website.
FT44
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Hey Pat welcome to ROCS.
Congrats on your first Tri-Color. Be very careful, they are addicting 8-)
VERY nice gun & very little chipping on the cylinder, those are hard to find for sure.
There is no over paying if you want it. At least thats what I tell myself all the time :lol:

Cheers,
JD
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
PRichardson87

Post by PRichardson87 »

Hey I appreciate the welcome!! All flat gates are addicting to me! It is my understanding that either the green or black wreath boxes were used for the first variations, correct me if I'm wrong thanks
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

PRichardson87 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:46 pm Hey I appreciate the welcome!! All flat gates are addicting to me! It is my understanding that either the green or black wreath boxes were used for the first variations, correct me if I'm wrong thanks
Pat,
You NEED the RENE guide that Chet15 puts out. Everything Ruger including box types for all models.
Perhaps the most valuable tool in my drawer.

Cheers,
Jay
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
06dilly

Post by 06dilly »

You bought a beauty PRichardson ! Don't worry about the price. It's like Jay Leno said when asked if he ever paid too much for his cars. He said he never paid too much, sometimes he just bought them too early. I thought that was pretty good. You did just fine on this one!

TomD