New From MO

jcalebt

New From MO

Post by jcalebt »

My first rifle was a Ruger Hawkeye, my first handgun was a Ruger P97, my first revolver was an OM Blackhawk, unfortunately that is as far as my Ruger "firsts" go, but we can all be perfect and the seconds and thirds can still be Rugers. My father always encouraged me to buy Ruger when possible and my uncle introduced me to collecting a few years ago. I hope to learn a lot here and to share what little I may have to offer. And as I think is appropriate I attach the beginning of my SA collection.
Attachments
20220818_153558.jpg
“A government which does not trust its citizens to be armed is not itself to be trusted.”
— Niccolò Machiavelli
flattop44

Re: New From MO

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to ROCS website, happy that you have joined us. Looks like you have a great start on your collection, just keep it going!!
FT44
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Howdy, welcome aboard! Image

Nice group of 3-screws you have there. ;)
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Welcome to the forum and ROCS from central PA. Lots of info on these pages and remember - there are NO dumb questions, any questions will get answered by some of the most knowledgeable Ruger people around.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Glad to have you join us, there's a great group of very knowledgeable folks here. Thanks for sharing your Single-Actions with us, be careful hanging around us you'll end up investing in a bigger table. What's the next Ruger you're thinking about acquiring?
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Welcome from the U.K.
jcalebt

Post by jcalebt »

I've bought two more since this picture was taken.
1. M77 in .243
2. OM Blackhawk .357 with brass grip frame, box and papers. (That was this past weekend).
I'm always on the lookout for OM Blackhawks I'd like to work on brass frames and .44 mags. But if I find a good deal with something else I'm liable to pick it up.
The Super Blackhawk on the top was my grandfather's and started my uncles collection and was handed on for me to start mine.
“A government which does not trust its citizens to be armed is not itself to be trusted.”
— Niccolò Machiavelli
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I want to welcome you as a dues paying ROCS member. Sounds like you picked up a couple of more good ones too. Good going.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome to the fun! This is the greatest group of people you will ever meet, and we all have Ruger in common. The collective knowledge here is endless and everyone is willing to help to answer questions. I consider the ROCS as family and am glad you joined us. We have fun so jump right in and enjoy!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...