Early Ruger Standard & Mark I Instruction Manuals

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
arcticruger

Early Ruger Standard & Mark I Instruction Manuals

Post by arcticruger »

The earliest of the “Revised October 1, 1952“ manual, the one with no other dates, along with the original box, came with my ‘53 Standard. I ran across another one of these manuals and picked it up. When I was comparing it to my original manual, minor differences on the back page immediately popped out at me. One was the statement, “SORRY, NO C.O.D. SHIPMENTS. PLEASE REMIT WITH ORDER” added to the bottom of the back page. There are a few other items as well, micro rear sight price increase, and barrel lengths added to the complete rec/barrel definition in the Target parts/price lists. Near the top of the list you can see they grouped the Recoil spring guide pin, Recoil spring support, and Recoil spring as a package for one price (same total cost however).

I looked in Chads book to see if this was mentioned. It lists the first Revised Oct 1, 1952 manual, then goes right to the ISA-10M-1/5 and up versions. So I’m thinking this other version was in-between those two maybe for the late 1953 to end of 1954 ? I don’t know but found this all interesting anyways (I know, it don’t take much ;) ).

Here’s a couple pics for comparison.
7EE0A46D-0FBA-484E-B488-FB47EDD4FDAC.jpeg
9D5CCF0A-CCA2-46AB-934B-A90D1D598E3C.jpeg
chet15

Re: Early Ruger Standard & Mark I Instruction Manuals

Post by chet15 »

Oh yeah!! Good eye!
Chet15