ISO 1949/50 Ruger Red Eagle

Gwoody

ISO 1949/50 Ruger Red Eagle

Post by Gwoody »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and like most collectors, would love to find a Ruger Red Eagle. You don't know if you don't ask, so curious if anyone might be ready to let go of one of these classics? Thanks.
contender

Re: ISO 1949/50 Ruger Red Eagle

Post by contender »

Welcome to the Forum!

While I'm not willing to part with one of mine,, I'm sure eventually someone here will have a "spare" they can let go. Keep looking!
Gwoody

Post by Gwoody »

Thanks @contender :)
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

Welcome to the forum, wish I knew that , as the last Medina ,Oh gun show there was a 3 digit RST-4 Red Eagle for sale, guy brought to my attention, and I could have gotten it for $550, in MY opinion it was "reblued" ( a nice job ,possibly the factory per the owner) and I passed, as the bolt was a newer ,updated , with the "support" added for the recoil spring, a typical factory update) lots to look for as to just "how original; proper configuration" and all...last year we sold a very nice 4 digit red eagle for $750,,so they are out there, do your homework.........good luck ;)
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Hi there! A fair warning, the word “original” does not mean the same thing to all people. On these early red eagles, there is lots of things that matter. Before you pay good money, make sure that if you go by the word “original”, that it means the same box and magazine that the pistol “originally” came with or shipped with from the factory to the seller. I learned the hard way. It took me awhile to say something like this, but it’s worth putting this out here. It was Bill Hamm that stated,

“I have enjoyed collecting guns and specifically Rugers for many years. During that time I have learned several good lessons. Some of those were quite costly but those are the ones that really stick in your mind never to repeat again. I think of it as paying for my education”.

I will say, I learned lot on two early purchases, and I paid. I won’t go into it, but I just hope to make you aware and to pay accordingly. These early Red Eagles are my favorite firearm and I’m still looking for mine. Good luck and may you score the ultimate “original” early Ruger .22 Automatic Pistol beauty you desire. :)
Gwoody

Post by Gwoody »

Great advice and thank you all for the input! I've already noticed a few scammers and questionable configurations out there.
taterark

Post by taterark »

There is a 1951 model in the classifieds for on rugerforum.com. Seller goes by watchman. He is good to deal with. I purchased a revolver from recently.
Gwoody

Post by Gwoody »

Thanks @taterark for the input. I'll take a look.