Jim Schafer

Anything Ruger related.
contender

Jim Schafer

Post by contender »

I got my latest ROCS Journal the other day. (Excellent as usual)!

But I was sorely saddened by the discovery that Jim Schafer had passed away. I hadn't heard of his passing. Jim was truly a gentleman & we'll miss him.
Thoughts & prayers out to his family.
T.A. Workman

Re: Jim Schafer

Post by T.A. Workman »

I did not know he had passed either, sad news indeed.
His displays were always amazing and well received, and he always
greeted you with a smile.
May he R.I.P.
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Yes, Jim was a regular at all the area shows. I think he came to Tulsa a couple times as well.
You know, there are so many collectors that go for the centerfires as the focalpoint of their collections, but Jim not only had those, his collection of rimfires was probably the best ever assembled... being more complete than even the Munnell collection.
Chet15
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Those of us who knew Jim well could tell that his health was failing. He often traveled to Tulsa with his good friend Rich M., who has also passed on. Jim and his wife coordinated the early Louisville, Ky. Ruger theme shows. Jim farmed some of the richest soil in Champaign County, Ohio. It is gently rolling, dark and loamy producing some of the first 200 bu. per acre corn in the mid west. His collection of early Single Sixes was the best. From Light Weights to RSSEs to convertibles, he had them all! I am sure his sons are taking good care of Jim's prize possessions. Good knowing you Jim and may your prairie soils continue to flourish with top yields! Brass Frame/Lee E
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

All the above is certainly true, what a great man. I set up close to him at many gun shows and always enjoyed his company. He sure had some of the finest RSSs there were. I sure miss him, he was a close friend.
Bill