Single Six Flat Gate with Ivory Grips

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
The Virg

Single Six Flat Gate with Ivory Grips

Post by The Virg »

I have been asked to do a bit of research by a friend. He has a Single Six Flat Loading Gate, Mfg 1954 with 4 digit S# starting with 3. This Single Six has Ivory Ruger Grips with the correct Ruger Logos (Phoenix). He has done the hot needle test to verify if they are Ivory and is totally convinced they are. Condition of the Single Six is probably in the 90-95% area with only a bit of holster wear in the normal places. No scratches or other marks. Grips are obviously yellowing but in original unblemished condition. Since he lives in the REPUBLIC OF CALIFORNIA, the laws prohibit him from doing anything with the grips other than possessing them.

I have looked in the normal places for value etc. I am just wondering if there is anything else you members might be able to tell me or advise me so I can pass it on to him.

I tried to download his pictures but they are on Photobucket and I do not know how to forward them with this inquiry. If pictures are wanted, please use my e mail retired2660@sbcglobal.net and I can then send them to your e mail. Sorry but that is the best this ole timer can come up with. From the pictures, the Single Six looks very nice. Would love to talk him out of it but in this Republic of California, he can't even give the gun to me with the grips on. Looks like he will take the grips to the grave. NOW ISN'T THAT A BIT RIDICULOUS? TYPICAL OF THE IDIOTIC CALIFORNIA LAWS. FOR SURE, I LIVE IN LALA LAND.

Lynn
ElNumeroUno

Re: Single Six Flat Gate with Ivory Grips

Post by ElNumeroUno »

He needs to get them out of the state of CA. They would be appreciated in TX! :)
Email pics to cleenewton at yahoo.com please.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com