No.1 News from SHOT

No. 1 and No. 3
ElNumeroUno

No.1 News from SHOT

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Here's what I learned; don't take it to the bank because the No.1 world is in such a state of flux that things seem to change all the time! This is just what I am going on until I hear/learn something different.
Lipsey's will not be the Exclusive Distributor for the Ruger No.1 rifles in 2017. Several Ruger employees state that the No.1 will be in production in 2017, but no information as to WHAT will be made.
The WBR Centennials are just finishing up with the work from Barons. Baron had the WBR-096 receiver only on display in their booth the first day I was at SHOT(Tuesday) and it was not there the last two days.
The 1S 44 Magnums with the 20" barrel are currently in production and will be sold through Lipsey's
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
RocDoc

Re: No.1 News from SHOT

Post by RocDoc »

Might want a 44 mag myself, why no longer LIPSEYS exclusive distributor? They know #1 market much better than Ruger Corp does,
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

explains the closeouts from Lipseys at least
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

44 mags showing up on GB
winchester37

Post by winchester37 »

got my 44 mag last week....nice, but not highly figured wood....seems to be finished nicely. Great balance and 'feels' much lighter than I expected, maybe because it looks heavy but really is not. I am happy I bought one.

as to Lipsey's, I agree they did a good job keeping the #1 alive and they got some interesting calibers/models manufactured but they seem to be failing to continue their enthusiasm and communication. I have not received any email up-dates nor has their website been up-dated in several months.
Their rep Jason has been almost non-existent in the past few months. I can't believe that sales are a problem, they seem to sell out all the models they offer.
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

here is the latest from the Ruger website regarding the discontinuation of the No 1....

"No. The No.1 Rifle is NOT being discontinued, we have heard from a bunch of customers about misinformation from posters or "false media" from bloggers regarding this topic. In fact, we are actually working on ways to keep the line alive and delivering these great rifles to customers looking for them. Two years ago, we moved the entire line from a standard product to a Lipsey's Distributor Exclusive which helped improve our distribution and reach to both retailers and consumers. Now, we are working to move this forward again, helping all retailers get access to these great firearms. Stay tuned for more information as we work to continue to offer this product."
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Lipsey's was the Exclusive Distributor for No.1's for 4 years(not 2) from 2013-2016. Just FYI.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com