Greetings to all new members

Brass Frame

Greetings to all new members

Post by Brass Frame »

One of our members suggested this new forum topic. I am in total agreement that New Members are very important to our organization. Charlie Davis has presented the idea and Bill Hamm started the new area. Great job guys and I will try to answer new posts as soon as they are published. Great idea. Brass Frame/Lee E
ElNumeroUno

Re: Greetings to all new members

Post by ElNumeroUno »

I also think this a great idea!
First point to note here for new Members, and especially first time posters, your post will not show up until a Moderator has approved your post. Then you are good to go!
Guess I am not a new Member, but I will tell a bit about myself for those who I have not yet had the privilege of meeting.
I have been retired for about 12 years, so that means I am pretty old. I have collected the Ruger No.1 rifles for over 40 years.
My first Ruger was a LWSC I bought in 1959. Then a 10" 44 FT came along in 1961. I bought my 1st No.1 in 1972, I have always liked the Single Actions and have a few early Single Sixes, 357 & 44 Flattops; more than I should have since I don't really collect handguns! I like to go to the Tulsa and Denver Shows and the NRA Convention & Exhibits. I have only missed one NRA since I retired. Don Findley and I nearly always make the Dallas Market Hall Gun show.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Thanks Bill and Lee for starting this new topic. I would like to encourage new members and current members to introduce themselves and let us know what you like to collect and shoot.

I will do like Lee N did and tell a little bout myself. I have been retried for just over 3 years now after 42+ years with one company. I have been displaying since back in 1993. I bought my first 10/22 back in 1971 and liked it so well that by the late 1980's I really got to collecting them with more interest.I not only collect them but like to build them and have several set up for different typed of shooting. They are just plain fun to shoot.

I also have several other Ruger rifles and handguns and enjoy shooting them all.

I am looking forward to reading about all our members and hope you will stop by at a show so we can meet in person and talk Ruger. You will find a great group of guys willing to help and encourage new members. I have had guns find me just because other member knew me and what I collect and thought I might be interested.

Charlie Davis
aka Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

After graduating from The Ohio State University with a degree in Agronomy in the late, 1960s, I found a career for 45 years, selling inputs to the agriculture industry (fertilizer, seed and chemicals). I am known as BRASS FRAME on line and I started collecting Rugers with factory assembled and shipped, brass grip frames in the late 1970s. I also collect the original Flat Top Single Action revolvers with their factory option, stag and ivory grips. Most recently, I have accumulated some of the early Ruger No.1 rifles and especially enjoy finding fancy grain wood from the factory on an Ruger No.1 rifle.
I am a serious Sporting Clays shooter, who enjoys the challenge of clay targets thrown to duplicate wild bird hunting. I take my young German Short Hair Pointer to South Dakota after wild pheasants and to South Carolina after quail. Training a bird dog and walking the Clays courses keeps me active in retirement.
I currently volunteer as the ROCS Digest Editor. Our publication offers all members the opportunity to write about any Ruger topic that is in good taste and tells a story. We strive to publish a high quality periodical twice per year that is interesting to all members. I also coordinate the July, annual ROCS/OGCA (Ohio Gun Collectors Assn.) display show. We meet near Wilmington, Ohio in the middle of July and display our Rugers. Feel free to contact me about your interests and input to ROCS. Lee E Sundermeier
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

First off: WELCOME to any new member! Not a new member myself, but a little about me. I am a retired 'full time' Army National Guardsman. Started out as a Private and a 'gate guard' on a Nike Ajax missile site and later went into aviation and retired as a First Sergeant in 1997. Some years back after I retired I went to a gun show just to 'look around'. Saw a Bearcat with an 'alphabet' serial number. It included the box and the original sales slip, and was being sold by a man I had shot competitive rifle with many years before while on the State rifle team. That started something and I have no idea where it will end. I have a small collection of Bearcats as well as a few Single Sixes and numerous other long guns. I wrote an article for our Journal entitled "Just Like Rabbits" as that is exactly what happened; I got one, then another, and just like rabbits they started to multiply. I have found that there is no need to have gazillion types of any particular model Ruger, just so long as you enjoy what you do have.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

My name is Bob and I have a Ruger addition. Don't let anyone fool you,you do not have to be a collector I just like shooting and reloading by the way I only own Rugers and I do enjoy them. This is a great organization with a lot of good folks that are willing to share there knowledge and it is free for the asking. I did my first display this year in Huntsville and had nothing collectible but it was a lot of fun and I will do it again. If you own and enjoy Rugers this is great informative group to belong to.
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I see where some members have it posted where they live and some so not. If you want to have people see the area of the country or town you like in or near you need to have that listed on your log in but I do not see where you can edit it. I know this may be a personal choice if you post where you live but it may help others in your area help you find what you might want/need to add to your collection or even just a shooter you might want.

Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Charlie1022 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:07 pm . . . on your log in but I do not see where you can edit it.
Charlie1022
On your post look in the upper right corner. You will see a 'pencil', an '!', and an ". Choose the pencil and ;you can edit your post. Also, on a post that has no post beyond, it you will see and "X" so you can delete that post.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Thanks Mike for teaching this guy how to edit and hope it will help others.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022