Hunting with Ruger

Different hunts, your guns, etc.
d findley

Hunting with Ruger

Post by d findley »

I came across these old (poor quality) pictures while looking through some papers. Bill Ruger in Africa, but not sure about the date. I don't think they have been published before.
Attachments
8.jpg
8 - Copy.jpg
7.jpg
gunman42782

Re: Hunting with Ruger

Post by gunman42782 »

WOW! Those are awesome pics. Never seen those before, thanks for posting them.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

These are grest Don, I really like the lion.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Those are AWESOME!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Sure wish I could remember more details when I got a plant tour years ago and stood in Bills office.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Sure wish I could remember more details when I got a plant tour years ago and stood in Bills office.
Charlie1022
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Don
These are incredible,a young man enjoying the wilds of the the continent of Africa. I agree with Bill the photo of the Lion & Mr. Ruger as well as all of them are spectacular. But I find his stern proud facial expressions and double hand hold of the horns on the two species of African Antelope the most intriguing. In the top photo a Bushbuck (corrected my post after identification by Zebra55) by the spiral horns and smaller sleek design. In the the lower photo (possibly) a Gemsbok which are widely hunted for their spectacular horns that average 85 cm (33 in) in length. These photos if never published are really a treat. Thank you Don for sharing them. Liberty Forever

In 1969, the New Mexico State Department of Game and Fish decided to introduce Gemsbok to the Tularosa Basin in the United States. The introduction was a compromise between those who wanted to preserve nature and those who wanted to use it for profit and promotion. Ninety-three were released from 1969 to 1977, with the current population estimated to be around 3,000 specimens. They thrived because their natural predators, including the lion, are not present.
Last edited by LIBERTY FOREVER on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

the spiral horn is a bushbuck
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Thank you Zebra55, I stand corrected.
Its my favorite of all the photos with the safari clothing, the cant of his bush hat, the time era glasses, the bush background and his grip upon the horns, his direct stare into the camera combined with the black and white print make it a timeless photo.
Gene
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Awesome photos Don. Bill is seen carrying a Single Action revolver on his left side in the photo with the Rhino. Could it be a .44 Flattop? Also, in the photo with the elephant, the long gun appears to be a double rifle. I agree with the others, the picture with a lion is my favorite. Thanks for sharing these Don. Brass Frame/Lee E