CCH and faux ivory

Dr. Sam

CCH and faux ivory

Post by Dr. Sam »

Gentlemen: I won an auction for a Vaquero old model that has CCH on the frame and phony ivory grips with a large Ruger banner in black across the grips.
The folks at Ruger tell me that is the way it left the factory but won't tell me how many were produced.
Anyone know how to find this information?
Thanks.
RocDoc

Re: CCH and faux ivory

Post by RocDoc »

I am sure other members will tell you the same: Ruger will not quote production numbers, collectors try to estimate number produced based on reported serial numbers. Consider subscribing to the Red Eagle News Exchange, Chad tracks the info you seek.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Dr. Sam.

RocDoc is correct, You won't get that info from Ruger. It sounds like it was made special for some group. If you can post a picture it may jog the memory of some of our members?

O M CRAZY
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

As suggested, some pictures would sure help along with the serial number on your gun . You can post pictures directly from you computer on this site, no picture host site needed.

As I recall there were some Sheriff and Dealer Special models made with the Ruger Eagle Logo scrimshawed at the bottom of faux ivory grips but not sure I have ever seen any with a banner as you describe.

Post some pics!!

Bill