Model 77 thoughts?

Grizzly

Model 77 thoughts?

Post by Grizzly »

Hello all,
I've been dormant on the forum for a little while, I hate it when my day job gets in the way. I've been pretty focused on the No.1's lately, today I walked in to my favorite gun shop and noticed in the corner there were 2 -M77's. One was a 350 Rem Mag flat bolt and the other a 358 Win., both unfired with rings still in the red felt bag. The serial on the 350 appears to be mfg'd in '71 but has no box and very minor handling marks only on the wood, asking $1250. The 358 appears to be mfg'd in '78 does come with the box, absolutely perfect condition, asking $875. I would love to have both, I believe these are priced on the top end, I have a few 77's from years ago so I don't know. Can any one share $$$'s these are trading these days. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Dan
67stingray

Re: Model 77 thoughts?

Post by 67stingray »

From what I've seen lately the prices seem to be at about what they are selling for when you find them. The odd calibers always bring a little more money, I don't blame you wanting both. Are the prices negotiate?
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

67stingray wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm From what I've seen lately the prices seem to be at about what they are selling for when you find them. The odd calibers always bring a little more money, I don't blame you wanting both. Are the prices negotiate?
[/quote
No the prices are firm, The fact they are new condition, I just haven't came across any. I bought the 358, working on the 350. As my buddy says... price doesn't matter? Easy to say when your not paying the bill! In '85 I bought my first Ruger, it was an M77 25-06. the most accurate rife I have owned and still own. I suppose, what I really am trying to figure out is any information on the M77's, publications etc. to be an informed accumulator!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

No the prices are firm, The fact they are new condition, I just haven't came across any. I bought the 358, working on the 350. As my buddy says... price doesn't matter? Easy to say when your not paying the bill! In '85 I bought my first Ruger, it was an M77 25-06. the most accurate rife I have owned and still own. I suppose, what I really am trying to figure out is any information on the M77's, publications etc. to be an informed accumulator!
Congrats on the purchase, I doubt that you'll be disappointed. Show us some pics when you get a chance.
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.