Musty Smelling Holsters

Watertender

Musty Smelling Holsters

Post by Watertender »

Does anyone have a good way to get musty smells out of holsters and other leather?? I came upon some old holsters and some of them smell a bit ripe...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RoninPA

Re: Musty Smelling Holsters

Post by RoninPA »

Carl,
Get in contact with Rugerforum member "Tallbald" He is a leather worker and should be able to give you some tips. (I own 2 belts I bought from him and they are great).
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

You can put them in a container with loosely balled up newspaper or wrapping paper, the porous quality of the paper helps absorb the smells from the leather. Seal the container and leave it for a few days and check, if the smells still there leave for a few more days. Good luck
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Thanks guys. My buddy that makes custom blackjacks gave me some ideas too. Baking soda is good for making the smell go away.. Also putting them in the sun will help.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Watertender wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:41 pm Baking soda is good for making the smell go away.. Also putting them in the sun will help.
Is that wht wht you do wit yer Arkansas LUUUUVVVVV pants...... :lol:
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

JAYDAWG wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:37 pm
Watertender wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:41 pm Baking soda is good for making the smell go away.. Also putting them in the sun will help.
Is that wht wht you do wit yer Arkansas LUUUUVVVVV pants...... :lol:
Nah you leave them stinky, sort of like bait... Keeps yer wallet safe that way... PS Jay I have those marbles for you. Just give me your address...