Fair or Greed ?

d findley

Fair or Greed ?

Post by d findley »

About a week ago I saw an all blue/aluminum cylinder Lightweight on Gun Broker for $500 with a "Buy It Now". I pushed the button. All the official Gun Broker information came up. I attempted to contact the owner (from New Jersey). No reply. Next day was Saturday. Before I went to the PO I sent the guy an email. Told him the MO & FFL was on the way. He then emailed, said he had sold the gun and hadn't had time to take it off Gun Broker. Think he got a better offer after my purchase?
Attachments
LWAC.jpg
zebra55

Re: Fair or Greed ?

Post by zebra55 »

make sure you give him an F feedback to warn others
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

IIRC correctly,
On every gun I have bought off of GB with the BN option that ends the auction right now!, without the seller doing anything, except to sent you an email with total cost.
So if the offering was still up when you hit BN then something does not add up.
Did you contact GB with the offering's sale number & date and request an answer?

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
d findley

Post by d findley »

I gave the guy the worst feedback you can give. I think he got a better offer after the auction. He had a few more Rugers. I looked, they aren't listed any longer. Not sure if he took them of or sold???
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

I've started paying more attention to a seller's feedback, there are a few sellers who utilize the "penny auction" format to generate more bidding, with a disclaimer that the gun is also up for sale in the shop and local buyers get preference. If the bidding doesn't go high enough, they then claim the gun sold in the shop. You don't realize they do that if you don't look at the feedback.
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

BTW - I think I'd pass on that hobbed gun. You probably dodged a bullet (accidental pun).

Unfortunately Gunbroker doesn't/won't support its customers - buyers specifically.

Don't overlook researching the seller's address and contacting them from time to time, letting them know how you feel. Send them a picture of the front of their store? :mrgreen: And add that you post their dishonest practices all over gun forums for months.

Don't be afraid to name the shop so that other good Americans can avoid them.
8-)
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: