Type 03 Collectors FFL saves the day!

Mohavesam

Type 03 Collectors FFL saves the day!

Post by Mohavesam »

Have you ever bought Ruger guns with your Collectors FFL?

Not that driving to an LGS is prohibited around here, but...

Just had a Sturm, Ruger 44 rifle "carbine" and a lastyear 1977 Colt Huntsman delivered to my door via the big brown truck. Yeah, driver wore a mask. We had a chat.

Point is, during this "antisocial distancing" time in our US history, I can still get a firearm delivered via a no-hassle $30 FFL. Best $10/year I ever spent!
Saved me gas, lunch, and untold frustration of searching a thousand racks for a correct model n condition. And skipped the NICS bs by the way. ;)

A good firearms attorney, a membership in the National Rifle Association, and a type 03 FFL. Three things any n every thinking gun owner should have. After all, a Ruger aficionado should be a cut above the crowd anyway!

Get a collector license - I endorse! 8-)
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Fox Mike

Re: Type 03 Collectors FFL saves the day!

Post by Fox Mike »

Have had my 03 for years. It has saved me untold $$ and you get front door delivery. :D
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Same here, I received four OM Rugers this week myself. Delivered to my door. A C&R is really great.
Bill
TEMIII

Post by TEMIII »

Amen - renewing mine for the second time this month.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I have had and used my C&R for years. But every once in a while you come a crossed a dealer that will not accept it, they say they can't confirm it as being real. Every once in a while you can get a dealer to ship to you even if the gun is not 50 years old, but the cost of it is considerable more than what like items are selling for.

All in all it's a good thing for a collector to have.

O M CRAZY
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

O M CRAZY wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:53 am I have had and used my C&R for years. But every once in a while you come a crossed a dealer that will not accept it, they say they can't confirm it as being real. Every once in a while you can get a dealer to ship to you even if the gun is not 50 years old, but the cost of it is considerable more than what like items are selling for.

All in all it's a good thing for a collector to have.

O M CRAZY
"...dealer that will not accept it." Those "dealers" understand half the regs of their business, and do not instill my confidence nor get my return business. :lol:
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
hittman

Post by hittman »

I got my C&R a couple of years ago. What on earth was I thinking not doing this YEARS ago?

I've only had one FFL question how a transaction with my license was legal ..... I took the time to show him and he admitted he probably should of known that.

I don't blame him for asking the question if he isn't sure. I was in another STATE and was buying a hand gun. (I'm in Illinois and literally one mile from Missouri!)

Anywho ..... we did the deal and I've bought a couple others from him since.
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Saved enough in transfer cost from an 01 over the years to make it worthwhile.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue