Ruger letters

Stonebuster

Ruger letters

Post by Stonebuster »

Does anyone know if Ruger has suspended sending letters due to corona virus disruptions/shutdowns? I requested a letter and sent a check about six weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I guess it's sitting in a pile of mail that's accumulating somewhere that Ruger will get to eventually.
Last edited by Stonebuster on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flattop44

Re: Ruger letters

Post by flattop44 »

I assume that is the case too. I sent in a request on April 4th and they have not sent any letters or cashed my check yet. I sure hope that they get up and running again soon.
Bill
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Anybody get any letters recently?
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

No, nothing yet.
Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I talked to one of the ladies the other day and they are working from home and have been for sometime. If they haven't been in the office they may not of even seen some of our request yet.
IMO
This virus is a problem for us in more than one way.

O M CRAZY
aka Vince
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

I hope that Linda DeProfio and everyone else in that department can safely return to work soon but that they and their families are staying protected in the mean time. I look at it as a Zen exercise in patience, a required trait for collectors, especially in California. I also hope Ruger is taking care of them.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

I sent a letter request to them on 25Feb2020 for five guns, I emailed them sometime in June to follow-up, they responded and said that the Pandemic was holding things up, no communications since then. My check was cashed long ago, I'm getting ready to e-mail them again, if they can make guns right now, they should be able to print out letters as well.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

dk,
You are not the only one waiting for letters. But all the office gals are working from home and have no access to paper records. So if you want a meaningful letter you must be patient.

O M CRAZY
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

It's August 7th @ 5pm MST, I just checked my mail and had three of the five letters I had requested and expanatory note from Ruger saying that the office is still working remotely and records that aren't on the computer have to wait till they can go back to the office to research them, any records they can do remotely (in my case three) will be done and sent out as soon as possible. So, there is hope, but more patience is required.