Buntline Super Blackhawk

Dyermountain

Buntline Super Blackhawk

Post by Dyermountain »

My Uncle used to hunt black bear with hounds, he carried what he called a Buntline Special Super Blackhawk. It had a barrel at least 12" if not longer. Is that something Ruger used to offer from the factory or is that likely a barrel he had put on?
flattop44

Re: Buntline Super Blackhawk

Post by flattop44 »

Ruger made New Model Super Blackhawks with 10-1/2" barrels, that is the longest from the factory that I am aware of.
Bill
Dyermountain

Post by Dyermountain »

Must have been a custom barrel. I'll have to ask my dad if there's any photos floating around.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Sure would love to see it and find out the serial number. Do you know if it is an old 3- screw or new model? I know of one old model 3-screw that got out of the factory with a 12-1/2" barrel. An employee gun.
Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

It would be important to know if it's an "Old" or "New" model, and exactly what the length of the barrel is.

O M CRAZY
Dyermountain

Post by Dyermountain »

It was an old model that he had a 14" barrel installed with rifle buckhorn sites. Unfortunately, no photos exist.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Thanks for the info. but not being original it is not a true collectable. But I am sure it is a great gun to shoot and hunt with.
O M CRAZY