Ruger #1 and #3 model numbers.

drone

Re: Ruger #1 and #3 model numbers.

Post by drone »

They won't be on for much longer, when the lockdown finishes, it's going to my local smith to be screwcut for a silencer. Same with the #3.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

drone wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 am Hi Chet, It has a 26" medium barrel but it also has sights, I'm not sure what qualifies as a beavertail foreend .
Wow! Neat gun!! Send me the serial number via email and we'll get that thing documented... create some rarity for it. CHRugers@aol.com
Just bringing out a 1B in .308 was kind of unusual because that one hadn't been offered since the non-prefix days. So to see one with sights, a BBS has to be pretty rare.
I'll report on that in the Red Eagle News Exchange that I'm working on now. Might be a few more out there.
Chet15
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

drone wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:33 pm They won't be on for much longer, when the lockdown finishes, it's going to my local smith to be screwcut for a silencer. Same with the #3.
As lee and Chad have said this No 1 is a very unusual configuration that many collectors would be interested in. If your plan is to reconfigure it for a silencer, you would be better off to put it up for auction , buy a replacement gun and the profit would most likely pay for the smith work you have planned....
drone

Post by drone »

Chet, check your e-mails.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

drone wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:18 pm Chet, check your e-mails.
You have a rare gun there!!! Even Ruger probably thought it was unusual, which is why it may have been sent overseas.
Lee Newton... when I did my reference I did not have any record of even a non-prefix BBS in .308, do you concur?
Drone... a definite Unicorn there in my opinion! taking that front sight off and machining for a silencer, a person wouldn't even be able to verify it as being the a .308 with sights.... would think of it only as a 1B .308.
Now the problem is... it is in England.
Chet15