Our next ROCS firearm

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Big Old Boy

Our next ROCS firearm

Post by Big Old Boy »

Looking at the Turnbull mark IV and wondering if maybe we could get our own Mr. Bobby Tyler to do a run for our group. I believe it would make a great pistol for our group and I know I still don't own a mark IV and others also may not. ROCS serial number and a set of custom ROCS engraved grips would be sweet and I don't think it would be to costly, just the thoughts of an old guy, what do joy all think?
Watertender

Re: Our next ROCS firearm

Post by Watertender »

A lot of people had discussed the possibility of a 10/22 for the next ROCS member firearm. Just something to consider.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Not sure about a MKIV, some here have all of the versions. More interested in a 10/22, but whaever we dedide on Im a likely buyer
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

This was just a thought I had today. I'm also ready for whatever it may be but I would like to see more discussion on the subject all the great minds will be at Tulsa maybe they will toss around some ideas.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I won't be in Tulsa but am sending some raffle items as I did for the Ohio show. (Chemo sucks). I have seen the MK IV but I never had a problem reassembling a MK1 or MK2. I like that they offered the MK-IV in the Standard configuration. I like my KMK4 & KMK6 the best of any though. My original RST6 was stolen many years ago but I had no problem putting that back together either. Vote me for the 10/22. Watertender
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Big Old Boy

Re: Our next ROCS

Post by Big Old Boy »

Wow it looks like someone thought I had a good idea. Great job on the digest once again, looks like I missed a lot buy being unable to attend Huntsville hopefully next year I’ll feel up to it. Any idea on price for the set of Mark IV as yet I will need to save some money.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I believe $595 blue and $695 case color plus shipping. They are beauties and you had a great idea!
Bill
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

Bill how soon can we expect them to be available any information on how to order? Thanks.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Dave Lortscher is going to contact each of the ROCS Shopkeeper owners with the details very soon.
Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Next year is the 60th anniversary of the .44mag Super Blackhawk and I think it would be a timely and appropriate addition to the ROCS guns.

O M CRAZY